Usual July Summer

2 months later

15th of July, 1969

The months passed far from sluggishly. The summer arrived with its hotter weather, the heating and unbearable sun. 

The Howards had plenty of ideas how to spend their summer days though little did they know what a hesitancy tormented them! To choose to go in Jude's cottage, located exactly seconds away from the lake, spending a few days far away from their well-known home or otherwise the parents taking their children for ice-cream and supervise them in the playground as they make new friends. 

After the twins and Agnes Jude had a breakfast shortly before their parents to start drinking their morning coffee, they were playing in the spacious yard as their parents seated on the porch chairs as their hands were equiped with a white mug of hot coffees, contemplating the playing children as they played hide and seek and Tristan was counting as she clamped with his tiny hands his eyes, shouting out loud "1...2...3" until he peaked 15. 

The morning summer sun bathed everything with warm sunlight, saturating Ellie's medium length chestnut straight hair as it highlighted its brightness as she wore her favorite summer floral sky blue dress as she developed taste for prefering lighter colors. The little girl even giggled inwardly as she furthered counting as Jude and Timothy couldn't help but smug broad smiles forming on their faces, whilst sipping of the hot caffeine beverage.

"It's pretty evident Ellie is vociferous." Timothy commented sarcastically as he left his mug of coffee aside the porch coffee table. The counting of Tristan, reminded him exactly of Ellie when she played with her sibling.

Then Jude chuckled as she choked with some coffee stucked in her throat as she caughed, bending slightly her torso as her other hand moved up to her throat, fingering it softly like a mother who caresses her newborn's baby smooth head. Then she swallowed the coffee that she choked in her chuckle by an accident, muttering to herself:

"Goddamn it!" 

When she choked, Timothy was extremely concerned for her as he casted a panicked look at his wife as he was visually menanced there would be anything wrong with her as she felt the swallowed coffee gushing down, burning in her body. Timothy threw an arm around her shoulder as he wanted to make sure if the things were alright whilst Tristan verged with counting "14...15!" as she commenced searching for Agnes Jude and Ellie as they hided somewhere in the yard, where they could be hardly found. 

"My love...is everything alright?" Timothy's other hand lifted up as he tucked her hair behind her ear as he stared at her face as she adjusted her breathing. 

"Yeah, yeah. It's fine." She cackled inwardly as her reassuring hazel eyes locked up in his chocolate. "It was just an accident, darling." Jude justified. 

"I thought you choked seriously." 

"I did not. And...for what we talked about?" She tried to come to her senses as Timothy's comment of Ellie was oblivious to her.

"Oh, we talked about Ellie as I said she was vociferous. She reminded me of Tristan's counting in hide and seek."

"Ah, there's a slight difference between them but I cannot disagree with you." In the interim, she sipped of colder coffee, inhaling the fresh summer fragrance that purged her nostrils.