An Old Friend Is Part of the Family

Father McKenzie stared out through the window the driving car that categorically left the institution's territory like burglars. It outraged the only twenty-five-year-old man due to that the intruders not only snuck up in the institution like thieves, moreover something else outraged even more the arrogant young priest. He saw Frank with them, running without looking back towards the parked car until they got in the car, subsequently leaving the place like they will never return ever again. He clutched his fists, gritted his teeth as his abruptly darkened eyes witnessed the escape of one more innocent, wretched soul. The back of his neck's hairs bristled like a ferocity nocturnal werewolf, ready to attack his recent prey. 

"How dare ya?" He muttered to himself, without taking his look out of the window, his fists slamming the window's wooden ledge. His grotesque frown on his grimaced face embodied his rage, his frustration, his tremendous hatred towards not only Frank, besides the both intruders who dared to disturb his evening. 

A sudden tough wind blowed outside as it played with the dark colored tree crowns as they swinged, dancing their dance. The moonlight dropped its bright light below, illuminating a dim part of the ground and the eerie building.

A few door taps interrupted his thoughts as he yelled without turning back to face the door:

"Yes?"

In the meantime, Carl and Graham entered in the young monsignor's office as they shut the door behind them as they put their hands nervously in their slacks' pockets.

"We are so sorry, Father. We don't know who are exactly those intruders." Graham excused as his guilty conscience prevailed his self-confidence.

"For what are you sorry? For missing your opportunity to stop them even the escaped patient?" Father McKenzie inquired haughtily, still watching the window. He felt ferociously boiling blood in his body and veins with wrath, hatred and contempt.

"It's not only that, Father. We found Leigh Emerson's corpse, laying in Sister Jude's old office." Carl confessed as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

"What about him?" The young priest didn't show any kind of compassion of losing one more wretched soul that embodied the misery, poverty of an ordinary insane, criminally dangerous inmate of Briarcliff.

"He was shot in the head. But also he was stabbed in the chest as the perpretrator's weapon was actually a razor." Graham paused as he gave the opportunity to Carl to continue with the narration. "It's pressumed that the razor didn't kill the inmate but the fatal shot by a gun was the end."

The young priest coughed cold-bloodedly as he was undeniably disappointed by his most diligent guards who he trusted mostly, besides devoting everything to them. Nevertheless the young man's world of the trust between them and him has actually concluded, as a result of losing his ultimate trust in them. 

"I trusted both of you!" Father McKenzie began as he slammed his mammoth fists the window's ledge, turning to face them as he gave them a grave, appaling glare, barely showing any expression. "I dedicated myself to you as my most diligent, respected guards. How about your loyalty? Where's gone now, Carl and Graham?"