Foes in Bond 1

Door tap interrupted the occupied Sister Molly, who was recently praying her soul out in front of the altar as she was being encircled by other nuns and a handful of priests.

As she was approaching the double wooden doors, she sighed and wondered who was currently disturbing the middle aged woman of the cloth.

When she was diving barely any centimetre approximation with the double door, she pushed it and realized lastly who was the intruder. A man in police uniform stood before the double door. Grotesque frown crawled on his face. His cold winter blue eyes pierced a glare into Molly.

What Sister Molly felt was her heart racing as the anxiety hit her abruptly. She sensed an impending heart attack, due to the cop sudden presence.

"Good evening, how may I help you?" The nun enquired enthusiastically, playing it cool outside though the exasperation and self-consciousness were boiling inside her, cooking its toxicity.

"Good evening, Sister! I am there for one priest under the name McKenzie." The police officer responded dryly, emotionlessly. In the meanwhile, he abided obnoxiously serious and professional, without giving hopes for optimism and affable conversations.

"Oh," The sister of the church gasped as she felt presence in front of her who was prying. It wasn't a nun. It was Father McKenzie, who has just raised eyebrows in perplexion, idly biting his bottom lip. Meanwhile Molly turned to the younger man as she couldn't help, nonetheless, flinch and clamping a hand behind her mouth, abstaining from mumbling a swear word. "Oh, Alexander, you have a special guest over there!" She furthered.

"Seriously?" Alexander rubbed his head as he took a few steps until he was alongside his tutor. The older lady nodded her head, affirming her seriousness. "Okay, okay!" He snapped curtly, shifting his sapphire blue eyes to the police officer. "Good evening, sir! It seems there's an occured issue so that to bring you over there."

"That's right, Father! We should talk in private because as I know already, Sister Molly was interrogated months ago by the authorities, taking its place there." Casey cautioned gravely, scarcely changing his tone until he turned to the elder nun, offering her a sham smile, distorted on his lips. "Sister, could you please leave us with the Monsignor?"

"Yes, sure!" The holy woman answered, walking away from the endangered territory where the policeman and the man of the cloth discuss grave questions. 

As soon as Sister Molly fled, Casey gestured Father McKenzie to leave the hallowed facade without warning him where they shall go and talk in private. 

When Alexander followed the cop's instructions, he escorted Casey up to the backyard of the local church, rambling under the moonlight, dropping its pale light below them, illuminating their faces and figures. 

The night, itself, was serene unlike some other nights. Mystic. Unexplainable. Quiet. The twinkling stars in the nocturnal sky embodied the extraordinary beauty of the nocturnal atmosphere and the night in general.

"So sir, are you going to enquire me over Briarcliff and my deeds?" Alexander posed the question beyond soberly, barely showing any kind of an emotion in his speech, glimpsing for a while at Casey's face. 

"Oh, Father! That's not the reason why I am here." Casey retorted, glancing back at the younger man, arching an eyebrow.