A Night Out

A day later...

26th of November, 1965

As Valerie, Velika and Shona were altogether gathered in the living room as collectively family, they sat on every armchair as they enjoyed to discuss variety of topics especially on Friday the evening after the both occupied, responsible women had already finished their working schedules. 

All of a sudden, the red-haired young lady rose the topic about her job as Casey's maid. Even the topic itself was debatable. In the meantime, the young mother told her daughter to leave her and her aunt for a while on their own as they needed to discuss something important.

"Shona? Sweetheart?" Velika exclaimed her daughter's name with composed voice as the little girl stood from her couch, standing in front of her mother like a slave.

"Yes, mommy?" The little girl enquired mousily.

"Could you leave me and your auntie Velika to discuss something for adults, please?" As the young maid's plea sounded rather insistent, meanwhile she stroke her medium red-haired braided hair.

"Yes." She answered, thereafter rushing to her bedroom to play with her own toys.

As soon as the both female adults were lonely, they started their urgent, serious discussion.

"So Velika, I need to say something."

"What is it, sweetie?" The doctor questioned with concerned voice as she sipped her hot herbal tea as she wore her eyeglasses. In her chocolate eyes can be certainly visible her concerness for her partner, begging inwardly to receive her answer on her question at last.

"As I told you about the happened earlier the day before. Between me and Casey." Afterward the young woman exhaled sharply as she paused for a while, mustering up some courage to tell her the final decision, deciding her own fate if either to be still Casey's maid or clean somebody else's house though, first of all, she should be hired.

"I think I am not going to be his maid anymore." She continued as she looked down at Ms.Azarova's glass of water, pending for her partner's alternative response.

"But it won't be easy somebody else to hire you as their domestical maid, you know?"

"Yes, I know. But I think I should risk sooner or later, regardless if I lost my job and our family's crysis to commence."