Oblivious Pain 2

"So are you ready, my little warrior?" Valerie questioned her daughter as she had already emboldened her for the first day at school, holding her smaller, smooth hand in her, walking together up to the school where not only Shona attended, but also Kit's children did too.

"More than anything." Shona's obvious uneasiness was worrisome for the red-haired maid as she was equiped with her daughter's rucksack on her as she didn't want her daughter to endure extra ounce on her light-heavy body. Shona wore a sheepish smile that has formed on her face within seconds after they left their home.

"That's good! Are you actually excited?" The Russian-American woman moved on as she relished to speak to her daughter just like mutual best friends as she couldn't suppress a broad, radiant smile on her shining face, illuminated by the warm, glowing sun rays.

"Of course, I am, mom! Why wouldn't I be excited?"

"You are uneasy. It doesn't seems oblivious to me at all." They kept on with walking as they walked next to one another in one direction. Their clicking footsteps mingled with the strangers' roaming footsteps and the eloquent songs of the chirping birds in the background just like an artist's abstract, life-like landscape. Their four pair of hazel irises darted to their direction, contemplating abundance of trees, people, facades and nature. The young lady execrated whenever her daughter is either melanholic, insecure or even outraged. Her frail heart sorely ached once these disasters dwelled spiritually.

"A bit!" The young girl with the red braided hair admitted effortlessly as her mother turned to her, facing her as her hazel green eyes scrutinized sceptically her sole creation from her blood and flesh. "But I can't wait to see uncle Frank, Thomas and Julia." She furthered gleefully as a grin distorted across her lips.

"It's evident you have a reason why you like the school itself."

Shona nodded her head in agreement, affirming her mother's response for the stark truth. It granted her joy and reassured her that her daughter at least one reason why she liked the school and attended it with ginormous pleasure. The red-haired girl with the bread couldn't help as a sparkling smile loomed on her face, oozing glee and pride.

"Yes especially when I have friends and uncle Frank!"

"Exactly! I am so proud of you, Shona!"

***

When the Howards headed to the twins' kindergarten, the couple hired Kit to look after Agnes as he was amidst the reliable babysitters and old friends.

"Mommy, Daddy?" The twins exclaimed in unison as Ellie was sitting on Timothy's neck, whilst Tristan was held in Jude's secure, loving arms. The both siblings were unsure where they were currently located, their eyes scrutinizing the uncertain surroundings for them with startled, huge eyes.

Jude and Timothy have been waiting for straight 15 minutes in front of the kindergarten's tutor office in the hallway, encompassed by some parents and children, wandering around the hall with some teachers, whether guiding them or speaking to them in face-to-face. Their impatience escalated as they wanted to meet in person the tutor, who is going to supervise the twins for almost a half day in the week days. They were partly blissful, partly anxious, partly distressed.