Unforeseen

As Lana was sitting in her vintage furnished office as she was drinking a mug of hot herbal tea in her hand, whilst relaxing, almost not having current commitments unless her boss orders her to write another article. She seemed sublime, in fact, the unbelievable amount of audience she gathered not only of the documentary Briarcliff Exposed, but also her article she published earlier today about Father McKenzie's evanescence. The aspiring, persistent journalist's success reached its own peak in the last few days. She was far from failure. She combatted for justice as always.

She omitted a sigh as she relished, watching out the window at the other facades and the walking strangers on the aesthetic New York streets. Sipping her hot beverage.

"What a nice time in the day to relax!" Her inner voice spoke to her, expressing her recent thought.

All of a sudden, an usual door tap cut her thoughts off as one of her closest colleagues, Alice, entered in her office, opening the door as she closed it.

"Lana, I have great news!" The blonde burst out hysterically cheerful as she strolled up to the brunette's desk as their eyes met, locked up in one another's gazes.

"It has to do with the article earlier today?" Lana attempted to guess as she pursed her lips for a while, placing the mug of herbal tea aloof.

"Exactly! It has reached hundreds of Bostonians." Alice declared jubilantly as her fingertips tipped the hardwood desk, a slight smile distorted across her plump, rubicund lips. "We should celebrate this ocassion, Lana!"

"Oh really?" She got from her chair as she threw her arms around the younger woman's upper back, tugging her in a tight and warm embrace that lasted for a half a minute. "We should highlight this tremendous success in less than 48 hours."

"Exactly! I am so proud of you." Shortly after they promptly broke off the embrace as Lana seated on her chair again, sipping her tea.

"I truly appreciate it."

***

The evening settled on the horizon as the moon hovered up in the nocturnal sky, moonlight dropping its luster below, illuminating partly the partly enveloped by the shadows church. Even the night hours were approaching far from sluggish than the expected since it was mid autumn. The tranquility. The nocturnal serenity. That's what the dark hours of the day were for.

Whereas the evening hours were rather relaxing for some, on the contrary, for others they weren't at all. Especially in Father McKenzie's case.

Whilst the young priest, a former administrator of the notorious nuthouse in Boston, was all alone in his dorm room after a tough day, he was praying and praying his heart out, hoping either a nun or a priest doesn't finds out about the inglorious newspaper article. Further, he prayed for the imminent days that awaited him, knocking on his door to live for today and tomorrow, the future. Alexander opted to leave behind as an oblivious prejudice that the cops will chase him and question him over the loathsome atrocities which he has committed.

"Surround us with Your divine hedge of protection. Encompass us round about with Your strength and Your might. Let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy. And may You shelter us," During the prayer, he was interrupted due to a door tap as he took a frustrated, deep breath, still positioned as he's dwelled on the floor on his knees, bowing as his forehead was barely an inch away from his creamy hands. "Who is it?" Father McKenzie enquired, meanwhile the door opened as one of the nuns he knew since the debut of his priesthood.