Apology 5

Whilst the maid was sleeping peacefully with her daughter in the abysmal, mystic summer night with its pleasant breeze that played with their thin silky blanket, blanketing their clothed, motionless bodies, a numb, ghastly serenity prepronderated in the house like the house was empty with one more person, who was currently missing. It was Valerie's right hand, the love of her life. Despite the scandal between both women in the past few days, the house wasn't the same at all. Especially when Dr.Azarova was gone tonight. At her workplace. 

The red-haired lady attempted to forget about the fierce conflict between her and Velika, in spite of the difficultness itself. It was more than a tough crux. Besides her perplexed mind with its mingled feelings of her lover, between love and hatred, between grudge and sympathy, between rage and peace. She loved her and hated her in the same time. 

By the way, she let her mind rest whilst her daughter Shona was the only company with whom she could share a bed, in this moment. In a platonic way. Just like a mother and a daughter. Nothing else. Shona sleeps rarely with her mother as she prefered to sleep, hugging by herself in the lukewarm bed sheets.

All of a sudden, something interrupted the both females to sleep serenely as a noise of ringing phone taunted the young woman's ears as she stirred up, rubbing her drowsy eyes as she emitted an impulsive yawn, noting how her daughter woke up abruptly as her big, adorable hazel eyes stared at her mother, expressing her puzzle. In the interim, Ms.Volkova rose her body as she got from the bed, hopping up in her slippers as she wore her onyx black lacy nightgown, walking up to the door as her daughter enquired her, whilst the sounds of ringing phone didn't stop, looping in the foreground.

"What's going on?" The little girl asked as she didn't dare to get from her bed to follow her mother, instead she abided in lying position, watching the taller, slimer figure of her mother standing behind the door as she stopped immediately when her daughter striked a conversation.

"I don't know really, sweetheart. I will check right now." She answered as she put her hand on the doorknob, pressing it as she reassured her daughter with her final words a few moments before fleeing. "All you need is to stay here, okay?"

The red-haired little girl nod her head, instead of arguing with her mother, raising the topic behind the ringing phone in the middle of the night. It was not exactly in the middle of the night. The current time was actually 2 o'clock in the morning.

As soon as, the maid wandered in the dark corridor of her house, looking for the phone, she found it eventually on the night stand that stood next to the bedroom's door as she orientated perfectly in the darkness. She grabbed the handset, putting it behind her ear as she answered lastly the phone call.

"H-Hello? Who's there?" Valerie questioned uncertainly.

"Hello! Is this Ms.Volkova, Dr.Azarova's partner with whom I am talking to?" A masculine voice echoed through the handset.

"Yes, I am. What's going on?"

"We have good and bad news." The male doctor paused as the young woman inhaled sharply, barely having an idea what he was talking about right away. "First and foremost, the bad news are Velika is unconscious after dosing with antidepressants for unknown reason. In the contrary, the good news are she is transmitted in a room where you are able to visit her anytime, Miss Volkova."