Howards' Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Oh, sweetheart!" In the interim, he picked up the crying toddler in his secure arms, lifting up and he swayed her as he should comfort her within seconds. He looked down at her, admiring her cuteness and facial features that she inherited. He leant to peck her temple. "Everything is alright. Daddy's here." He furthered as the little girl halted crying, wiping her dry tears with her tiny thumb. Timothy couldn't help as his smile glowed on his face as his daughter lit up his soul.

Agnes's looked up at her father with wide eyes, giggling quietly as he dragged themselves out of the children's room, thereafter descending the stairs as for his surprise, the living room wasn't empty at all. It wasn't hushing at all. Timothy beheld from far Ellie and already have already invaded the Christmas tree as they unenveloped two presents at least.

Nevertheless, when they heard stamps that came from the upstairs, they stopped on one place as they turned to face the stairs in the hall as their instincts echoed to them either of their parents are awake.

When Timothy and Agnes were already in the corridor as Agnes was in her father's arms yet, she babbled sweetly to herself, meanwhile he entered in the living room as he went up directly to the twins, crouching down to them as he couldn't help himself, but smiling. Smiling luminously beyond euphoria. Fortunately, Ellie and Tristan didn't startle in the beginning. They were neither anxious. They were just excited for Chrismas and their presents.

"Morning, Ellie and Tris!" He exclaimed casually as he wore a flashing smile across his lips.

"Morning, Daddy!" The siblings said radiantly in unison as their eyes met their father's qarm chocolate ones. "Merry Christmas and here's what Santa gave us!" They raved as they were proud to receive their Christmas gifts as their tone embodied their genuine happiness.

In the interim, they showed their new toys as they swanked, their smug giggles floating in the living room.

"Oh, look what have you got, my little angels! It looks like you were the nice kids of the year with Agnes." Timothy declared as his sole free hand moved to their heads, stroking their still growing hair. Then his eyes moved to the little girl who was in his secure, affectionate arms. "We are going to open our present too, little princess." His finger poked her nose as she sniggered.

"Daddy?" Ellie cried as he turned to face her immediately once he heard his own name.

"Yes, Ellie? Is there anything bothering you?" He fondled her head smoothly.

"Where's Mommy?"

"Mommy? Oh, she's asleep yet." He answered sincerely as he leant to kiss her lukewarm forehead. "But don't worry. She will get up soon and have the opportunity to share a family Christmas together." He said in reassuring voice as he gripped one lightheavy enveloped box, dragging it towards him as he commenced unenveloping swiftly the box. 

***

"Mommy, Mommy, look what we have got." The twins whined as they attempted to catch Jude's attention as she had a peignoir as an overgarment, a white mug of hot morning coffee in her hand. They said in unison as they walked somewhat fluently upto their mother.

In the meantime, Agnes stood in front of the Christmas tree as she played with her new stuffy doll. Her obsession over the doll began once her father and she unboxed the gift.

As the former nun sipped some hot coffee as the caffeine liquor burned in her mouth and body, following the twins as they escorted her to the living room where Agnes was currenty located, peculiarly obsessed with her new doll.

"Wait, sweethearts!" She followed them as she eluciated, ambling leisurely. 

Meanwhile Timothy was putting some woods in the fireplace, thereafter starting it as he kneeled in front of the fireplace inches away. 

Once Jude approached the Christmas tree with the twins as Timothy started the fireplace, he rose as he walked up to his wife who congratulated Agnes and Ellie and Tristan for having such adorable presents. Shortly after that, she folded their heads as everyone insisted Jude and Timothy to open their presents as they crouched down. Beyond excited to discover what they have got for Christmas. Fortunately, the children didn't remind their mother about Santa Claus as Timothy told them once why Jude prefered to avoid the magic word on Christmas. 

"Look, Timothy!" After unwrapping her present box, Jude held by its spaghetti straps her new ravishing red nightgown that resembled just like her older. The one she used to wear in Briarcliff under her dark habit. She surveyed the new lacy slip, her gleeful hazel eyes surveying the new piece of garment. A grin flashed on her face.

"Ohoo! That's great, darling!" His eyes transported directly to the négligé she held in her hands, noting her mesmerized reaction as their little angels were delighted for their parents and to behold them elated even beatific. "It will look excellently on you." He furthered as he emitted a slight cackle as she joined him.

"I know." She affirmed his words as she gestured him to show his unenveloped gift. 

Without hesitancy, he exposed his present with a shining smile across his lips as he showed his new watch that Jude brought him days before Christmas. He was enthralled as well. Likewise Jude didn't miss the chance to compliment his new watch, besides their faces approached one another's as their lips met, pressed against one another's, deepening the kiss as it became more intense, daring and loving though it didn't last for longer. Then they withdrawn their faces as they took their time to admire one another's beautiful facial features, consequently shouting:

"Merry Christmas!"

To be continued...