CHAPTER 67: A PROMISE KEPT

Start from the beginning

"Anything".

"Good morning??", a waitress smiled at me while placing two hot brewed coffee on the table. One thing that's best on this diner is their coffee. I don't know what they put in it but it's heaven. For doctors like me, coffee is our best friend.

"Wow..that was fast..".

"I already saw you coming out of your car. Same order?"

"Yes.,Please. Make it double..", I nodded and smiled back at her, taking in the aroma of the coffee. "Heavenly!!!", I exclaimed as the bitter sweet caffeine rolled down my throat.

"Same order eh!!', Noh says almost to himself while he stirs on his coffee.

"Hmm..yeah..", I nodded sipping into my coffee.. The hot steam warming into my face.

"You came here often then. She knows your order", he stated, his gaze stares on the coffee that have been stirred maybe a little too much.

" Yup..I always pass by to this place whenever I can. Their steamed salmon is so good and smoked ham hock, you'll love it..", I cheerfully told him.

"Oh!". 

I put down my cup and looked closely at this silent man. He keeps stirring his coffee like it's punishing it. With knitted brows and that blank look in his eyes... what happened to him???

Moments later, steaming food were served at our table. The delicious fresh aroma is filling up my senses.

"Here you go", the waitress handed me back my card and placed a big brown paper bag on the side. "Dad put an additional jalapenos in there. It's extra special for you."

"Thanks Mia, tell your dad, there's really no need to spoil me".

"Just let him be. Without your help, he won't have a grandchild.", Mia answers as her eyes sweep to the man sitting opposite, she lightly turn her back so Noh won't see her point at my tag, She discreetly throws a look at Noh's tag too. I smiled as I know what exactly she means. "Enjoy your breakfast", then winked mischievously at me before going back.

That girl is such a mischief. I was smiling widely as I watched her leave and went in. I turned my gaze and freeze as Noh's glares at me.

"What's that bag for?"., Noh queried eyeing the paper bag Mia had just put. What's with that serious tone?

"It's a take-out".

"I didn't hear you order for a take -out", Noh stated. Why is his voice sounds more dangerous now?

"Ahh. ..we'll..that's because i always order a take-out , so they know it already".

"Oh!".

"There he goes again. That one-syllable word that's sending chills down my spine. What happened to him???Did i just step into a landmine??