Chapter 2: The Wedding (👌)

Phun's POV

Mom and Dad weren't home when we arrived. Pang explained that they have some very important engagement to attend. Well, I guess it's ok. Things have not been smooth with my parents and me with what happened twelve years ago.

Auntie Noi, on the other hand, almost pulled off one big reunion drama. She hugged me real tight that I almost choke out of my breath. I know she misses me so I totally understand her emotions. I grew up right before her eyes. And I do love her dearly. She was one of the few people who stood by me and protected my Noh. And for that, I'd be forever grateful to her.

It almost took forever before she finally manage to calm down.

"You had a long flight Khun Phun. Madam would be very happy to know you've arrived. They'll be back tomorrow afternoon", Auntie shoved me gently as she wiped her tears away. "I'll bring some food".

"it's okay Auntie, I'm not hungry", I politely decline.

"If that is the case then I won't be disturbing you. Take a rest, child".

I bid her goodnight as I climbed  to that once familiar stairs, letting my hands touched the railings as i made my way up. I stop my room. It took a minute more before I could pushed the wooden carved door . I did not  turn on the lights as I make my way inside. Why bother?Darkness had slowly become my friend through these years. With or without lights,it doesn't a thing. It's the same loneliness. 

The moon is round tonight.  And  it's kind enough to shed some lights unto this empty place.I lay my bag right next to me as I sit at the edge of my bed. Everything is as it is, I mentally noted as I gaze upon the entire space of the room.

My bed, side table, the lampshade, the beanbag, even my Xbox 360. Everything are still there safely snuggled in its rightful place. It's as if I didn't leave at all. They surely kept this place spic and span.

It feels nostalgic.

Slowly I surrender myself to the soft mattress behind me. With both my hands at the back of my head, I closed my eyes and let silence speaks to me. Everything in this room speaks familiarity.

So familiar that it hurts.

I initially plan to take a shower first but dismissed the idea. Finally, fatigue dawn unto me. My whole body is deadbeat and so does my mind. 

I badly needed to rest.

***

The next three days were frantically very busy. Most of our relatives, who came to attend Nong Pang's wedding have already arrived. The whole mansion was in complete joyful chaos.

"It has been a long time since I heard laughters in this mansion", Auntie Noi voice out as she happily prepares some snacks for the guests.