CHAPTER 17: WISH YOU WERE HERE 👌

>yup, it's a back to back chap ^_^

PHUN'S POV -present times

I  opened my eyes. I was in a daze. I instantly look to my left side and found an empty space. I had to blink a few times just to make sure no one's really there. Sigh. It was a dream. Just a dream. I dreamt of Noh again. I shut my eyes desperately and concentrated on reorienting myself to reality. A couple of deep breaths more then I climb down from the bed. Walking to the balcony and found the surrounding still in semi-darkness with a faint orange hue  scatter from the eastern side.

Since I got up too early, I decided to take a stroll. I did not have the chance to do so yesterday due to tiredness from the long travel. We'll be taking a slow boat to Koh Phayam Island with Dr. Nhat. There will be five doctors in our group. P' Pern, Nong Jae, P' First, Dr. Nhat and me. We also have five other volunteers coming with us.

Our boat will leave around nine thirty. We did want to take the earlier schedule but folks courteously informed us that there are no boats available at that time. I checked my watch and it's still four am, so I still have plenty of time. I had already prepared everything last night so I'm basically good to go.

I roam the streets of Ranong. It's very refreshing to watch the scenery. Though it is still early, there are already quite a number of people bustling around this part of town. I walked leisurely along the street till I found myself in front of a beautiful temple (through the recommendation of a very kind hotel staff). Its massive structure and exquisite design will leave anyone in awe...

A golden gigantic Buddha stands proudly in the middle like a guardian. From time to time rays from the peeking sun hits it, reflecting beautiful golden glints. Intricately dragon design in gold and green encased the hundred steps stairs stretched beautifully. It looks like stairs leading to a heavenly palace. I could see a few tourists climbing up the stairs.

I traversed it slowly admiring how beautiful the place become with each step further. I was actually panting a bit when I finally reached the top. I think I need to exercise more. But my!! What an exquisite view it is. I smiled to myself gazing at this scenery. From here, you could see almost a 360 view of Ranong. The sea glistens from afar while the greeneries breaths freshness from within. The temple is truly beautiful. Such an architectural masterpiece.Standing here, a sense of serenity envelops my whole being. It would have been great to share it with someone.

 It would have been great to share it with someone

I felt a tingling vibration in my pocket. I fished out my phone. It is a text message from Dr. Nhat informing us that breakfast will be ready in an hour. I replied to him before putting back my phone in my pocket. I take this beautiful view one more time before heading back to the hotel.