CHAPTER 35: GLIMPSE

YORU'S POV

The sun has already rise up by the time I woke up. I instantly checked the time on the clock hanging by the wall. Shit!!! It is way past eight already. I look to other side of the bed. It has been properly tidied up which only means it's owner had long been gone.

I immediately sprung out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom. I shivered as the cold water run down to my head down to my entire half-awaken body. Why didn't he wake up? i mumbled to myself. 

The truth is I slept late. I kept tossing in my bed as I can't seem to find a comfortable space to doze off. Good thing ,it didn't wake him up.

Dr. Phun had already fallen deep in his sleep by the time I came back. Truth to be told, I was so disappointed on myself. I was so careless and insensitive and that may have agitated him.

Night's last words before I went out kept ringing back on my mind."You know what, in our years of being friends, I've never seen you this interested in someone," his words particularly calm. I looked at him trying to pry for some underlying mockery but there was none. "Good night My brother", a faint smile crept his smile before the closing the door behind.

I can usually retaliate whenever Night gets smart at me....but today I'm at loss of words. I stared long at the closed door in front of me before finally turning my back. Forget it!!!

I gently close the door behind me as I went in. The light's been turn off with only the faint light of the moon cast through the opened window. The night's breeze is truly soothing. Every time it blows the shell curtain, it creates a unique ocean-like sound that adds to the tranquility of the already peaceful night. Most of the time, I just let the windows open all night.

I tiptoed my way to the bathroom and tried to make at much less noise as I could. I just let the moon's beam guide me to my closet and got into a pair of pajamas. I tucked myself in as gently as I could so as not to disturb this person lying at the other side of the bed. I took a side-glance at his sleeping visage. He's lying on his back, his head cushioned softly on the pillow with a hand covering his forehead.

He shifted his position and now lies on his side, causing half of the blanket to slide on the floor. I reached out for it before it all topples on the floor. His right arm propped under the pillow while his left arms rest by the side of his waist. My eyes caught a glimpsed on a silvery chain hanging by his neck underneath his cloth that glistened to the moon's beam. I spread the blanket over him and make it cover his body till the waist, carefully lifting his arm to secure the blanket under. The temperature usually drops low by the dawn so if it gets colder, he can easily grab on to it whenever he feels cold.

He looks so peaceful and calm, I noticed as I lay myself down facing him, unable to tear my eyes away from his sleeping features. The warm glow of the moon from the window on my side illuminated his face. His long lashes fluttered at every breath he takes hiding those two orbs that hold so much mystery. His disheveled hair scattered against the white pillow made him look like an innocent kid. Dr. Phun sure has a handsome face, but its his whole persona that makes people drawn to him.

I felt a sudden rush of warm feeling from coming from that deeply secluded and unknown part of my heart. This particular thing then traveled through every part of my body giving me this particularly unknown feelings of warmth...and familiarity .It's like blood that penetrated to the very last veins of my body...not a single cell was spared from its warmth. Bringing everything in its path into a new life.