CHAPTER 21:TWO LOST SOULS 👌

>the song title is SOS of an Earthly Being in Distress

I have been sitting on the floor by the patio for quite a while. I know I had a long day but sitting right here is very relaxing. A few bungalows had already turned off their lights, hinting their occupants are lulling to sleep by now. The loud crickets are only ones brave enough to break the silence of this cloudless night.

"Dr. Phun, haven't sleep yet?", Dr. Nhat's voice came out of nowhere got me a bit startled. I really thought I was the only one awake.Apparently not...

"Not yet Dr. What about you?".

"I couldn't sleep.", he smiled a little at me. "I guess I'm not used to this deafening silence", he chuckled as he handed me a bottle of beer. I took the bottle of beer and scooted a little to give him space to sit. A loose cotton shirt, drawstring shorts, a bottle of beer and a stretched out leg made this doctor looked relax and so much younger than his actual age.

"I guess we've been so used to our chaotic lives", I meekly answer. Being a doctor means you don't own your time. Lives depended on us, so every minute counts.Everything is at a fast pace, a race of time itself. Day and night don't make that much difference to us. So this kind of  laid-back, undisturbed time we have right now is truly rare to us. It's  like a luxury for us to find time to just sit back and relax without having to race through time.

"Hmm...You're right". He lightly nodded. Silence fell between us. Drown in each of his own thoughts. One hand in the bottle of beer, I hugged my knees with both my arms and gazed upon the dark horizon ahead.The cold breeze mixed with seawater filled my entire body.

"You know I hate silence". Dr. Nhat breaks the quiet atmosphere between us.

"Uh!!" I look to his side and find him staring blankly ahead.

He sighed heavily before taking another sip of beer.

"Cause silence makes you listen to the faintest voice in your heart", he continued without even giving me a glance. It is more like he is talking to himself rather than to me. He wore this melancholic face that I never saw before.

I for one, don't know how to answer. I just knew him by name and I can't really say that we're an acquaintance. He had established a reputable name in the medical society. I do bumped into him in conferences here and there.And also  he had been invited to speak in our school a few times. Harvard University had invited him more than once to be a part of their medical faculty as well. I do honestly think, he's more than capable to do so. Too bad he turns it down.  Other than the usual pleasantries...there's no more...I hardly know the man. Strangely enough, I think I understand him.

"The stars though, they are so pretty tonight', I commented since he is focused gazing at the stars glistening the dark sky. They spread beautifully all across the sky. Some a little bigger while some twinkle in their own little space. It's funny that no matter how much Earth changes, the sky with its stars still remained the same. A massive reminder of what we had before. People change, people left... but the stars...they never change. They never left.They stay where they are. They have been there even before we we born and will stay even after our deaths.

"Perhaps they are not stars but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know...they are happy", his words cut through my soul.

Somehow, both of us felt each other pains and have found a comrade. Dr. Nhat had live a long fulfilling life but seeing this great doctor all in dazed with that regretful eyes, I found something new about him today. I came to realized that every one of us has a burden to bear... a secret sorrow one keeps hidden in the deepest part of their hearts. Oftentimes people simply look at it as for being distant and heartless... but only a few would realize, that man is just simply sad.

Who could have known...

In this quiet corner of the Earth...

Hidden from the blinding lights...

Embrace by darkness and envelop by silence...

Two lost souls seem to find a friend in each other...

With only a few exchanges of words

I stared upon the single star shining above me. It's a bit far from the rest but it's shining radiantly all my himself. Like some shameless bastard that proudly shows his charm for the mere human beings below to behold.

So beautiful...

so mesmerizing....

yet so far out of reach...

I let out a faint smile...

"Is that you Noh?"

" Are you really happy now?"......

....................

Author's Note

The words that Dr. Nhat said about stars is an Eskimo proverb I've read somewhere.

And I personally think its so meaningful.

Plus do enjoy Dimash Kudaibergenov superb voice and he is such a cutie (my fujoshi heart crazily beating now).

He really looks like a manga character

I actually had this on background while writing this chap

Have a great week everyone..pinkmilkmonster crawling back to the real busy world

Lastly"Enjoy

XEE yah ^_^

"eachfilm has an ending, one or another...so does my love. I think it's time for me toend it.I love him but it means nothing to him",