CHAPTER 16: SEA OF MEMORIES: BRAVE (👌)

PHUN'S POV

"Haven't you had enough play time already" dad's gloomy voice reached to my ears. He was seated in the swivel chair behind his desk. Mom stands behind him. I looked at them bewildered.

"What do you mean dad?", my voice states clearly my confusion right now.

"That thing with that boy. Haven't you had enough?", his voice felt so cold, it sent shivers to my heart.Dad  cold demeanor is so unlikely of him. I always see dad as a very amiable person. Strict yes, but he is always remained reasonable.

"Dad, please don't say that about Noh. He is my boyfriend', the way Dad says  it  like that, it does not sits well to me. "I'm serious about Noh dad and so does Noh to me", I added.

"Are you dumb Phun or are you blind? He is a man, can't you see?", dad bellowed upon my words. He tightened his fist as if he's ready to punch me.

"Dad i know exactly who Noh is even from the start. Dad, I've already confessed to you about him, about us. I  thought you've accepted us already", I can hear my own confusion. I did come clean about it already. I already told him about having someone in my life and how I've felt for that someone. I've made myself clear or did I not?

"I will never accept this. I know sometimes, kids like you likes to experiment. So I let you be." He leans his back to the chair." You're a smart kid Phun, I thought you'd come around. I didn't think you'll continue with this horrible relationship with that kid up until this day".

"He has a name, Dad. His name is Noh and he is never an experiment Dad". I gritted my teeth as I try to suppress my emotions.

My tears are on the verge of falling but I kept it in. This conversation..I was not ready for this. My heart hurts so bad.So many things running through my head. I don't know where to place my thoughts exactly.I felt so betrayed, none the less coming from the people who I thought have trust in me. Was I made to believe that they'll love me unconditionally?

I look at mom and she had the same look as my Dad. It hurts. So this is what they truly feel,huh? Then why did they have to treat Noh like that then? They made us believe that they've accepted us... accepted our love but the truth they never believed in it in the first place. They treated our love like a game... an experiment... just a phase in life. How could they?

"I love Noh Dad like I've never loved anyone else before. And I have no intention of leaving him, not now, not ever". I felt dad gazed at me ruthlessly. He's not saying anything but that look in his eyes is piercing through me, shattering me. But I didn't flinch nor show him I waver. No!! I won't.

My thoughts went back how Noh look at me at the party. He hates this kind of gatherings but he did it for me. He looked at me and smiled at my parents and me. I remember the innocent smile he gives to them that night. That was his genuine smile. That was the genuine smile of my crude mouth boyfriend. No, I won't let them hurt Noh. I must be brave for us.