CHAPTER 20: HUMBLE ABODE 👌

PHUN'S POV

I walked into a neat row of bamboo bungalows. Tall coconut trees everywhere surround it. I really love the simplicity of the islands that you can see in the people and it reflects even in their homes. The more I stay, the more I feel in love with this place. The sky has darkened and each bungalow is now lighted in faint solar lamps. The island gets their electricity through solar panels and generators. There are no loud parties here, only a few resorts open all year round.

I stopped in front of this uniquely designed house. I can't help but admire its simple elegance. This must be my room, I thought to myself. Uncle Norak did say that it's the last one from the left. I made a mental note of my surroundings. According to Uncle Norak, his son designed this himself when he decided to stay on the island for good. It is certainly one- of -its kind. 

The dome-like shape of the bungalow itself sets it apart from the rest of the other bungalows. It has a small patio. Two sofas with red and black contrast sit opposite each side. Purple and white flowers adorn its front yard. There is a small rectangular speaker at the right side of the sliding door. A ceiling fan hangs at the center of the patio although I doubt if there is a need for it. The floor is made up of big white tiles. The house is a complete marriage of modern and traditional design. It feels cozy.

I walked into the house and was surprised even more. The house emits a certain warmth within. It's painted in shades of blue. A simple bamboo couch sits on the right side of the room with a  singular square table on its corner made from bamboo stalks tied up together and a transparent glass on top. A luscious juniper bonsai plant sits perfectly on top of it.

 A luscious juniper bonsai plant sits perfectly on top of it