Chapter 69

Five hours later.

"I can't take this anymore," Duke said as he paced the dining room. "You said a few hours; It has been ages!"

Madison sat at the table. She was facing the boys who were still lying on the couch. They haven't moved or shown signs of waking up any time soon.

Jasper sighed and linked his fingers together. "That's what my father said. He said he was out cold for a few hours. His bond was nowhere near one hundred per cent though. This has never happened before. I don't know what to expect."

Duke eventually sat down. The pacing was only stressing him out.

Nobody could imagine how different things might feel between the boys, now that they share their completed souls.

"Should we take them to a hospital?" Sorina asked.

"No, humans won't understand this," Jasper said and started biting down on his fingernails.

"But they'll be able to tell us if everything's fine. Can't their machines scan your brains now to see what's going on?"

Human technology had bemused the vampires.

Everyone shared a glance, considering their options, but the attention would be overwhelming if they lifted an unconscious Vinny and Oliver out of the car.

"Wait!" Madison rose to her feet. "I think Vinny just moved his head!" They all turned, just as his arm fell off the couch. They rushed towards him, noticing how Oliver started to stir too. "They're waking up!" Madison held Duke's arm and watched with anticipation.

Oliver weakly rubbed his chest. It ached like he had made contact with something hard. His eyelids felt like they were sewn shut, but the human had to open them. There was someone who he was missing with all his soul.

Vinny invaded his mind when he started to feel him in the bottom of his heart. It was like he could feel everything about him, but why and how? He hadn't experienced this before.

Their eyes flickered open at the same time. Vinny also felt Oliver's presence.

Their parents watched as the boys blinked in confusion. They looked like they woke up from sleep that lasted days. Every breath the boys took felt like they were breathing in each other's mind, not to mention that their hearts were entirely in sync. At the same time, they turned and gazed at each other like they were seeing their soulmate for the first time in years.

Vinny propped himself up onto his elbows and stared. Oliver was suddenly his whole world.

Oliver couldn't bring himself to look anywhere other than his Vampire. He could feel his heart, body, and soul flowing through him, and all without an explanation? His eyes started to water. The emotions aimed at Vinny were so powerful, and he didn't know how to handle them.

At the same time, they brought their hands up and placed it over their own hearts.

"I can feel you," Oliver whispered, "right here."

Vinny couldn't bring himself to say anything. He was surprised by the love. Instead, they climbed off the couch. Duke stepped back when the boys flung their arms around one another. Vinny gripped Oliver's jumper; they were almost trembling with excitement, exhilaration, and affection.

Their hug was like hugging the most precious object in the world. When the boys made that physical touch, it was like everything in the universe connected. It felt right.

"I love you so much," the vampire muffled into the side of Oliver's face.

His words burst Oliver's heart and sent warmth all through his veins. "I love you too," he said, tightening his arms around his shoulders.