"And, I'm Lila!" Lucy turned to the high-pitched, sweet voice and felt her demeanor soften. A girl, probably a few years younger than Wendy stood there, her cheerful grin full of joy and child-like innocence. She had two light blue pigtails, tied with two bright, bubblegum pink ribbons. Her teal hair was contrasted by her seafoam green eyes, that were wide, and doe-like. 

Lucy stiffened when the younger girl barreled into her, wrapping her in a hug. Lila looked up at Lucy, and Lucy allowed a small smile to slip past her defenses. She let her guard down for a second, and didn't notice the twinkle of mischief in the young eleven year old's eyes. 

"You're Lucy, right?" Lila asked innocently. The young girl reluctantly pulled away, her soft pastel pink dress ruffling slightly. 

Lucy nodded and laughed slightly. She tried to convince herself to relax. They were now guildmates, family in a sense. She had to learn to not be so paranoid. Plus, Lila was being so kind. Sure, Kaden made her feel...distrustful, but maybe it was just the whole "I'm a bad boy" thing. After all, Laxus used to have that whole thing going on. 

"Yes, I'm Lucy." Lucy backed away from the two and noticed the way Kaden gave Lila a look. She wasn't sure exactly what emotion Kaden had swirling through his eyes. 

"Lucy-chan!" Juvia skipped over suddenly, landing where Levy had once stood. Levy had wandered over to Gajeel halfway through the introduction. Erza and Wendy were watching from a little ways away, one of them at the bar munching on some cake. The other was sitting at a table, swinging her feet cutely while she slurped at a smoothie. Lucy even noticed Mira singing to herself while patiently wiping glasses, seemingly working. But, if Lucy looked closer, she noticed that the beautiful bartender's eyes never left the scene. They kept darting between her, and the white-haired male, whose eyes were still dutifully trained on Lucy. Lucy wasn't sure if Mira had stars in her eyes, or if she was looking at the exchange with a fiery dislike. 

Juvia stared at the two new members, who eyed her in what seemed to be a calculative glance.

"Are you Lucy-nee's best friend?" Lila asked, and Lucy noticed Wendy's frown at 'Lucy-nee'. Juvia smiled nervously, waving her hands in front of her form. Her curly blue locks waved about, as she hastily spoke.

"Lucy-chan is Juvia's best friend, but Juvia isn't sure that Lucy-chan considers Juvia her best friend!" 

Lucy shook her head with an exasperated smile. Juvia was just too adorable sometimes. Of course, she thought of her as a best friend. 

"I have a lot of best friends, Lila. Juvia is one of them!" Lucy tucked an arm around the blunette, giggling at the pink flush that dusted her cheeks. She pulled away, watching as Juvia laughed with mirth, before running off towards Gray, who was in the middle of a fickle fight with Natsu. Lucy understood. She must have been feeling awkward around the two new members. 

"So, Lucy-nee, what's your magic? I heard you were a dragon slayer!" Lila chirped, clasping her hands in front of her. Lucy chuckled. Around Fiore, dragon slayers were definitely a big deal everyone seemed to be in awe of their powers. And Lucy wasn't even a natural water dragon slayer. Not that she wanted to be, she was already proud to be a talented celestial wizard, along with a requip mage. 

"I'm a Celestial wizard, who can use star-dress, and I'm also a requip mage, not to mention a water dragon slayer. Nothing special," Lucy said modestly, thinking of Erza, Guildarts, and Laxus, all the people stronger than her.

Lila shook her head ferociously, gesturing at herself and Kaden. 

"No! Lucy-nee, that's amazing! You're so strong! I'm just a memory reader! Kaden-nii is strong though! He's an ice mage!" 

"Really? That's so cool! Gray is an ice mage too!" Lucy replied, flashing a smile.

"And I'm sure you're amazing! Sure, you may not have the best combat-oriented magic, but being able to see someone's memories might help you find an enemy's weakness," Lucy complimented, and Lila paused.

'You have no idea how right you are,' Lila thought to herself

She stared up at Lucy, her seafoam green eyes wide and her lips twitching into a smile. No one had ever complimented her magic like that. She knew she was lying to Lucy about her magic strength, just like Kaden, but she was starting to feel guilt creep in. Why did they have to do this to someone so nice? Kaden even looked pained, she could see it in his eyes. He acted all tough, but she knew he was a big softie inside. 

But, it had to be done. This was their fate, and no matter how fickle, fate was fate. They would be killed for their disobedience if they didn't pull through.

"Thank you, Lucy-nee..." She paused, gathering her wits once again. For an eleven-year-old, she knew she was way too intelligent. Wise beyond her years, as her grandmother says...or said. Lila's eyes hardened.

"Do you think you could go on a mission with Kaden and I tomorrow?" She asked, putting on her puppy eyes. Lucy hesitated, glancing at Kaden distrustfully. Lila noted that Kaden would have to try and warm up to her for their plan to work. He could do that easily...Lila paused when she noticed the large-framed man leaning against the bar, his eyes on Lucy. That was Laxus Dreyar, her so-called boyfriend. They'd have to get past him first she supposed. 

"Pretty please, Lucy-nee?!" Lila pleaded, her doe eyes begging like a child who wanted a lollypop. 

Lucy sighed but nodded nonetheless. She had a feeling she'd end up regretting this later on. 

"Yay! We're going on a mission together, just us," Lila yelled, emphasizing the 'just us' part. Those that were listening either thought she was a sweet child or like Wendy and Laxus, knew she was just being possessive for some reason. It was something that bothered them deeply.