Mind Made Of Stone

Everything was dark. All Lucy could see, all she could feel, was the endless expanse of darkness. Similar to the time she almost lost her life, she felt scared and alone. But, this time, she was in another's mind. In Laxus's mind.

She noticed a buttery yellow glow slip its way into her view. She twisted, her limbs feeling as if submerged in water. Inky, obsidian water, that sloshed and gurgled like a newborn child. She felt trapped, and if there was one thing Lucy hated, it was feeling caged.

She wallowed towards the light. It was her only option, the only place she could seemingly go. Every step sapped her energy, and her limbs felt as if they were tied to weights. She tripped, her knees buckling. When she face planted in the dreary liquid, she felt a tug on her strength again. It was as if the water was leeching away her energy, her magic, and her will to live itself. She stumbled to her feet, the vile, charcoal liquid dripping down her face, staining her usually golden blonde hair a glossy black.

When she finally wobbled her way to the light, she paused momentarily to bask in the warmth that replaced the icy chill that encased her. Suddenly, everything changed.

The murky ebony water vanished, being replaced with an antique room. There were two large bookshelves, stuffed to the brim with countless titles that varied from analytical war records to romance novels. There was a stone fireplace, that sat quaintly in the corner. Its massive stone mantle curled in a swirl-like pattern and had accents of gold and teal. A fire crackled in its hearth, the flames licking up in the air like tongues of a snake.

An old, rustic rug covered the ground, that matched the lovely red sofa and loveseat. But, Lucy was more enraged and confused about where she was. To be more specific, she was sitting on the scarlet loveseat, and her leg had a diamond manacle tight against her pale ankle. There was one on her wrist as well, and she scowled.

"Aww, princess, don't make such a sour expression. It ruins your pretty face."

Lucy swiveled in her seat, her brown and blue orbs searching for the source of the voice. When her eyes landed on him, she felt her breath halt. It was Laxus...but, not the same him she remembered. No, it was him. The monster of a man that the spell had created. His hair shone a dark coal black, the same color as the endless pool of water she had struggled through to get to this room. He wore dark clothing, his usually black and gray jacket, all endless black, with black jeans and a black T-shirt. His eyes stood out starkly on his face, seemingly the only pop of color on his entire figure.

They were an intense blue, eyes Lucy once thought were icy and cold, like a frozen pond. But, she knew now they were like a dangerous fire. After all, the hottest fires raged a striking blue.

"You must either be stupid or incredibly brave to try and face me here," He continued with a curl of a smirk. Her eyes pinched into a glare.

"I came here to save Laxus."

He rolled his bright orbs, and his amused smirk turned sinister.

"Love, you're in my mind. This is my domain. Do you really think I'll let you do anything?" He asked pointedly. She internally stiffened. How could she win a battle with him? In here, he could do anything. The thought scared her.

"I have to try! I don't care if you hurt me, beat me, or even kill me! I'm going to save Laxus, no matter what!" She said determinedly, her eyes narrowed. He smiled slightly, his signature smirk creeping up his face.

"If that's what you want, Lucy." Lucy shivered at how he accentuated her name. She didn't think he had ever said her name out loud before.

He simpered, and Lucy was suddenly all too aware of the chains wrapped around her limbs.

"Celestial light sphere," She hurried out and slammed her magic onto the manacles holding her hostage. She barely dodged Laxus's attempt to grab her, and she dashed towards the large mahogany door. Once opened, she noticed that she was in an enormous hallway, with dozens and dozens of doors.

She ran through the twisted loops of hallways, hearing his footsteps lumbering somewhere behind her. Unlike her own brain, Laxus's memories weren't all lined up in order in pretty display cases. His memories were scattered randomly, each door leading to a different memory. Marble pillars decorated the halls, creating a castle-like feel to the place.

She had to find the door that led to Laxus. He had to be hidden somewhere!

"Sweetheart!~" Laxus called out darkly, and she ducked behind a smooth marble pillar that was nearby. She held her breath as he stalked past her hiding spot. She could almost hear the amusement in his voice.

"You can't hide from me! And once I catch you, I'll never let you go!"

She felt a shudder climb up her spine, but she stayed frozen until his footsteps faded, and his terrifying promises of capture turned to mere whispers.

She ran in the opposite direction, winding between passageways. She began to feel like there was no exit. No escape. Panic was seeping into her. The thoughts echoed in her head like an endless record.

'No exit, no escape. Trapped forever. You're his.' She ran faster, her heavy breathing not from fatigue, but fear.

She halted suddenly in front of a door, that had sobbing noises echoing from behind it. She hesitated, before carefully opening the door. What was behind the door, made her flinch. She saw herself, wailing like a child over absolutely nothing. She had been curled up in a blanket, looking like a burrito. She was in her tent, and outside lightning streaked across the sky and thunder boomed loudly. She had thought the noise from the storm would cover up her weeping. But, Lucy noticed this hadn't been the case. She was seeing from Laxus's point of view, and she saw herself, while Laxus had been hidden behind the flap of the tent. She could feel the feelings of guilt, sympathy, and helplessness Laxus had felt while watching her.

She backed away from the door. Footsteps approached her location, and dread boiled in her veins. She turned and dashed away like a fleeing rabbit. As her feet carried her closer to a particular door, she heard Laxus's pace increase. His feet seemed hurried. She looked at the door in front of her, scrutinizing it. It was...different. Not the same, boring snow white as the other doors. This door...was a pastel blue.

'Like his eyes...'  Immediately sprang into her head. She ducked into the room, ignoring Laxus's growls and threats. He would not stop her.