CHAPTER 51: WANDERER Part 3 (TWO BRATS ON THE LOOSE)

Start from the beginning

"This is great. It's like hitting two birds in one stone. We get a prize plus we get to eat for free..I'm so smart.?", Noh stated proudly, his eyes sparkling with excitement. I could just shake my head and watch him made his way towards the auntie and registered our names on the paper. He came back with a big smile plastered on his face and our table number .

Now i remember why i agreed to this...it's because of that smile...

"What's the prize?", I asked curiously as we take a seat by the table next to the other pair of competitor. There are about ten pairs already seated. A wide variety of participants. I could a few pairs are tourists just like us who is clearly participating just for fun.

"I don't know. I really can't understand what that auntie is saying. I just kept on nodding to whatever she says".Noh answered casually.

I shake my head as I stifle my laugh. I jolted when an uncle suddenly smash the gong. And before i knew it everyone else including my Noh dig their faces on the bowl of steaming noodles. This is by far the most spontaneous things I've done in my whole life. My face already burning..not from embarrassment (well partly) but most of all its from the spiciness of the noodles. What the hell, Auntie what did you put in here?

I was already choking and teary eyed. I glanced at Noh who by the way is enjoying his noodles ( he is on his second bowl now). What the....Can't he taste how spicy this is???

But watching him eat his noodles in gusto, I dive myself into my own bowl. If my wife wants to win this contest, I'd help him the best way I could..even if it means slurping down this hellish soup down to the last drop.

A few minutes after, another gong was heard to mark the end of challenge. By this time, I was sweating bullets and i couldn't fell my tongue anymore but nevertheless I'm very happy..not to mention very very full. I only manage to finish two bowls. I swear I tried to finish the third one but I got timed out..(actually I was thankful hearing it...)

"How could you finish all that??", I asked looking at Noh's stack of bowls. Six bowls to be exact.

"I'm hungry", he simply stated, smiling happily while rubbing his tummy.

"Is your tongue okay??', I was worried since I myself couldn't fell my tongue with only two bowls and he finished six.

"yah, why??".

"Didn't you fell hot? It's too spicy".

"No, it's not".

"ehh..it's not??", I asked curiously.

"yah..here..take a sip", offering me a spoonful.

I groaned as his noodles did taste delicious but most of all it's not hellish spicy.

"Why??", Noh asked seeing my disgruntled face.

"Mine's too spicy. I can't even feel my tongue", I whined at him. I scoop a little soup from my bowl and held it to him. "Take just a little sip", I told him placing it in his mouth.

"Shiyah!!!!. It is spicy", Noh grimaced while gulping down the water in one go. Moments later this bastard already laughing his ass off.

"so..that was what the auntie mean", Noh said amidst his laughter. She was randomly talking while pointing on the noodles on the menu. I didn't really understand her, I thought she was just explaining the names of the noodles...or something".

I stared at my bowl and noticed a picture of a bloody red pepper with a skull marked x. I gaped at the realization, definitely that logo means super spicy. In the end, I laugh out at my own struck of luck.

"Why did Auntie gave us these?", Noh asked. The sky has already shred its color by the time we got out from the noodle shop.

"I don't know. We clearly didn't win", I pondered." Maybe it's a consolation prize", I tried to come up with the nearest possible answer.

We're walking our way back to our hotel. Both of us carrying a box of guess what...you're right...(spicy noodles!!!)

"Really, you could be consoled with this Khun Phun?", Noh wickedly asked, those devious eyes gleaming with mischief. I was ready to pounce at him but apparently he already expected it for he was already running a good distance so I couldn't hit him.

The irony of it. I couldn't even feel my tongue yet the kind auntie gave us another one. Can't really tell if this is a reward or punishment.??

Looking at the noodles in my hand and then towards the guy walking ahead of me....smiling ever so widely.. eyes gleaming ...his laughter ringing through the place... a smile creep through my face..

yup!! this is a reward.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers. how was your week?

Here's an update...sorry this is all my mind could come up with..

i did say it could be just a chapter or two but then i'm on my part 3..haistttt... can't really trust my brain.😄😄

Anyway,please do enjoy...

And thank you for all the love and support...(means a lot to me 💖💖💖

P/S

Did anyone saw the interview with White? sadly i don't understand a thing?😭😭😭so if anything might seen it, pls be an angel and tell what its all about.. i really miss seeing white on screen again.

that's it for now.

Xee Yah ^_^