CHAPTER 33: BANDAGES, BEERS AND CREAM PUFFS

Start from the beginning

When did he arranged my luggage?. I clearly remember I didn't take it out since I arrived.

"I asked P' Madee to arranged your things before we went to Uncle Susu. I saw your luggage by the bed so I thought you were too busy to put in it", he told me as if he knew what I was thinking.

"Uhh—Thanks. I don't want to be big trouble".

"Nah", he dismissed me right away. "I volunteer to dad that I would share my room to one of our guest. I've already save up some space for you in my closet". He smiled at me as he takes out the key from his pocket .

He turned to me. "I know it's quite late but..Welcome to my home", he happily announced as he opens the door and bowed like some prince. I laughed at his childish antics.

****

I stepped out of the shower in my pajamas and find the whole room empty. I was drying my hair with the towel and walked into the patio. "

"Where did that guy go?".

I sat down by the couch, draped the wet towel over my shoulder and took some magazines from the table. I heard some footsteps coming in.

"Aww..Doc, haven't sleep yet", Yoru asked casually  as he placed his slippers by the side.

"still too early. Where did you go?", I asked.

"I forgot this", he lifts on a brown paper bag in front of me and placed it on the table. "I'll shower first, ok". I nodded. "be right back".

He was out for couple of minutes and came back with two bottles of iced- cold beer. He placed both on the table and took a seat across. I watched him took a can opener from an army knife he had. He put one bottle in front of me and opened one for himself.

"What do you think you're doing", I asked him just when he is about to sip on his beer.

"AHHH..this?", his asking with his scrunched up brows.

"Yah".

"Drinking!!!?", he answered in confuses.

"You can't drink. Give me that". I got up and snatched the bottle of beer before he can ever react.

"Aw..doc..why are you so stingy?", he complained.

"You have to take this", I throw him a pill of antibiotics."You can't drink".

"What is this for?'

"For your wound".

"it's just a little wound. Aren't you over reacting??"

"Better safe than sorry", I answered him with no qualms.

"Ok.ok..jeez..", he mumbled. He stand up and walked inside and came back with a bottle of water. He took the medicine in front of me."satisfied??"

"Yup", I smiled arrogantly and drank my beer. He does look funny with his furrowed brows and that pouting mouth. "If by tomorrow, you won't feel anything weird, I'll take you for a drink, my treat".

His face brightens at my proposition. "Really, I'll take your word for that. Better prepare you wallet Doc Phun", he smiles devilishly.

"ohh..wait..i almost forgot", he suddenly sprung on his feet and took the brown paper bag and emptied its content " You should try this. It's one of my favorite. Whenever I go to Ranong, this is the first I buy.", his voice cracking in excitement like a little child.

I froze at that all too familiar boxes with a bearded uncle logo. I grasped as Yoru open one box and revealed  a row of  delicious looking cream puffs.

"I don't usually eat creamy things but this is an exception", Yoru merrily added, his eyes still focus on that pastry he carefully unwraps from the box." These  pieces of cookies in the choux cream are simply heavenly. I could eat an entire box", he giggled.

"Here". He  handed one to me, all the while flashing that wide smile. My eyes been trap by that pastry ball he held in his hand. The bearded uncle smiling at me like an old acquaintance. My heart tighten and warm sensation crawled up into my entire being.  I can feel my eyes welling up.

"........"

"........"

"........"

"Doc Phun, are you okay?", I heard Yoru asked in confusion but I was too distraught to answer.

I avoided his prying gaze and  gulped down my remaining beer at once. "I'm tired..i'm sorry but I'm gonna sleep now",I hurriedly walked inside before he can say or ask anything.

"Uhh—Ok...Good night", I just held up my hand to him to let him know that I heard him.

Author's Note

i wanna eat cream puffs too..

happy Friday everyone...

Here's the chapter i promised..hehehe..took sometime

but anyways thank you for voting, commenting and adding this story...

Have a happy weekend 

Lastly"Enjoy"

XEE yah ^_^