Nightmare - DerpCrundee

Fun fact: I was going to have this for the contest that HKpika is hosting, but Idk how to make this fit to the criteria without making it a bit dark, so I decided against entering this so yeah

But I did have this idea for a while so yeah

Enjoy

-----------

The only thing that was surrounding him was darkness, but he could only hear faint laughter and teasing, mostly at him, which he tried to ignore it but it doesn't work.

He let out a whimper and covers his ears while keeping his eyes shut, trying to block out the hateful comments. 'Stop it' he silently begged, trembling a bit. Then he suddenly felt a kick on his side, knocking him down, "Ack!" he let out a yelp and looked up to see a blank person.

"You don't deserve happiness" the person hissed down at him before fading away before all of the noises was suddenly cut off, surprising him. "Huh?" he slowly sat up, slightly confused and scared before jumping when he saw a light suddenly turned on in front of him and saw someone under the light, laying on their side and facing away from him.

Feeling curious, he slowly got to his feet and made his way towards the limp person and, for some reason, he started feeling dread in his chest as he got closer.

When he got close enough, the dread ferling quickly grew when he saw a familiar light blue shirt and the familiar hair color. "N-No..." he ran towards the person, falling to his knees and moved them onto their back, only to see empty emerald green eyes staring at him.

He let out a chocked gasp, covering his mouth in shock and despair as he was staring back, barely noticing purple bruises around the person's neck then quickly realized what the blank person meant. "N-No...w-why.." he barely chocked out before slowly crying and shakily picking the person up and buried his face in the other's chest, letting out broken sobs.

"I-I'm sorry...I-I couldn't protect you....I-I'm so s-sorry Crainer"

Xxxxxx

Derp let out a terrified gasp as he sat up, panting hard. He felt his hair and shirt sticking against his skin from sweat and warm tears sliding down his cheeks. But before he could let out a broken sob, he heard movement besides him and a soft hand on his shirt, which he turn to see Crainer looking at him with a worried expression.

"Are you okay?" the Danish asked in a soft tone as he was moving Derp's hair out of his face.

Derp let out a soft sob before quickly pulling Crainer into a tight hug, happy that he was alive and safe in his arms. Crainer didn't say anything and simply hugged him back while letting out soft coos to comfort the other male.

"I-I thought you d-died" Derp barely chocked out, but Crainer quickly understood what had happened and pulled away. "Its just a bad dream honey" Crainer quickly reassured him before grabbing his hand and placed it over his own chest, letting Derp feel his heartbeat. "I'm still here" he said with a smile.

Still a bit shaken, Derp let out a shaky breath before leaning down, resting his head against Crainer's chest, now listening to his heartbeat. Crainer let out an understanding smile and slowly laid back down, holding Derp close and started running his fingers through the other's hair as Derp wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist, slowly relaxing to Crainer's sweet gestures before he slowly fell asleep.

Crainer kissed Derp's forehead when he noticed that the other had fallen asleep and held him close before falling asleep after.
--------
Like I said, this is not part of the contest since it might be too dark for it, but I'm not sure

Comment down of what you think so far and yeah

Piper out-