CHAPTER 19: MISSION 👌

Start from the beginning

Uncle Norak is our contact here on the island. He is in his sixties and has lived on this island almost his entire life. He is half-Thai- half Japanese. His mom is a Thai executive and his dad is a Japanese marine biologist who met here on the island. He is also a doctor by profession and has traveled the world joining the Peace Corps. He and Dr. Nhat  often met each other in medical missions like this.

He is a cheerful man with gray hair. When he smiles, his eyes will turn into one single line and he has a very hearty laugh. He still looks physically fit despite his age. When Nong Jean asked him how he still looks so young, he jokingly replied that it's because he's been cursed to be forever cute (Norak means cute). Or maybe because he is very active towards community service. People here had high respect for this man.

Uncle' Norak owns a resort so he will be our generous benefactor for the duration of our stay.

"We have prepared this for you. ", He proudly states. We grasp at the great feast displayed before us. A long table filled with various kinds of seafood and island delicacies flirted our vision and tempting our empty bellies. Each dish looks enticing.

"Wow, Uncle. this is too much", P' Pern exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh..this is the nothing. The folks here brought all that as a thank you for your hard work".

"B-But"

"No more buts. Just dig in already. You've already skipped lunch", he heartily invites everyone. "We wouldn't want our doctors to be sick, that wouldn't be right", he jokingly added.

He is right, you know. Right now, my stomach is revolting non- stop and this feast in front us is seducing our hungry stomachs.

"Ok Uncle" we answered in unison to which he laughs jovially. We shared a very hearty dinner. Folks here sure know how to spoil a guest.

Uncle Norak is a very talkative man himself. His travels gave him rich knowledge on various things. And my! he sure can talk. Our conversations are very entertaining. I learned from his stories that he is already a widow. His wife died almost a decade ago in an accident leaving behind his only son. His son is also a marine biologist like his grandpa and is also managing their little diving school here on the island.

"Nong Phun, you'll be staying in my son's room. I hope it' s okay", he turned to me with this info.

"Sure Uncle. I do hope he's okay with that though", I smiled meekly. I didn't know his son and although Uncle here seems very friendly, I'm still wary I might be steeping into his son's personal space. I'm a stranger after all.

"Ahhh. No need to worry about. I already told him about that.", he quickly brushes me off. "I think you'll get along well with Yoru. You'll about the same age".

"Ok, then Uncle. Thank you".

"Nong Pern and Nong First can share a room. It's the first one from the right. Nong Jean, you'll be staying with my niece Nong Jam, the room next to Nong Pern and Nong First. Dr. Nhat you will be staying in room 206. The first one on the left. Nong Phun your room will be the last one on the left. I've already arranged your things there"

"Thank you, Uncle!"

"I know you had a long day so if you're tired, you can go ahead and  take your rest."Dr. Nhat added.

"Thank You, Doc. Good night Uncle". We bade those two goodbyes as we proceed to our rooms.

"Just a second Nong Phun", Uncle Norak called me out. "I forgot to tell you. Yoru's at Ranong. I asked him to supervise the arrival of the material needed for the renovation. So you'll have the room all by yourself, tonight"

I nodded to him. "Thank you, Uncle. Good Night"

"You sleep well, kids".

....................

Author's Note

Hello, lovely readers, how are you???

I'm super tired right now, I had B_U_S_Y weekdays. Thank God for weekends.

I just wanna curl up in my bed, hug my faithful pillow and drift to BL land..but before doing so

Here is an update for you.

(shoutout to my new reader @Shampa5 for the adding this story and for smashing that star button)

Lastly"Enjoy

XEE yah ^_^

"A  human  should  write  human  words "