Duke walked up to the desk, startling the receptionist.

"We need your best doctor to have a look at young Oliver here please," he said boldly and watched her mind begin to function.

"Y-Yes. Of course!" the receptionist stuttered. "What's wrong with Oliver?" She was trying to keep down her excitement but was obsessed with Vinny and Oliver's relationship. She thought they were adorable together.

"Oh um, I've hurt my chest," Oliver said, watching her nod.

"Okay, I won't be a moment!" She stared at Vinny long enough to make him feel awkward before turning and hurrying down the hall.

Duke smile at her behaviour. He found humour in humans who act that way around them.

"I think we found your number one fan," Duke grinned and raised an eyebrow at Vinny, who stared blankly. People act like that around vampires all the time, but it was still new for Oliver to receive the same treatment.

"You should compliment her," Oliver spoke. "I bet that would make her day."

Vinny looked like his soulmate had just killed a cat.

"No."

"Go on, she'll tell all her friends about how nice you were, and then your reputation would change. People will know you as the happy member of the Vanderwood family, and you'll have to smile all the time and say nice things."

Duke and Madison were trying to stifle their laughter. They knew Oliver loved Vinny's blunt and sharp attitude.

"Stop talking," the vampire muttered, trying his hardest to hold back a smile, "that will never happen."

Oliver grinned, just as the woman returned, out of breath and looking flustered.

"Doctor Peters is waiting for you in room twelve," she breathed and tried not to gaze at Vinny again awkwardly.

"Thank you very much," Madison smiled and enjoyed seeing the woman's smile grow.

Oliver watched Vinny with big, puppy dog eyes. He knew his forest greens were one thing the vampire fell for and when Vinny sighed in defeat, Oliver couldn't hold back a little smirk.

"Dammit, why do they look like that anyway? It's not fair," he grumbled before letting go of his hand and stomped up to the desk. He tried to soften his glare somewhat, but it didn't work.

"Thank you; I appreciate your help." It didn't sound too convincing, but the woman almost squealed with delight. Oliver was beyond satisfied, that was the highlight of this woman's week, maybe even her month.

Vinny returned to the human's side, took his hand, and pulled him down the corridor.

"Aw, I'm so proud-"

"Stop."

When they reached room twelve, Duke and Madison stood next to who they presumed to be doctor Peters. Jed stood and waited next to the door. Madison felt relaxed that he was here, she trusted him, maybe a little too much.

The doctor was only just able to calm herself and focus on her job. Seeing the Vanderwoods in person was an impressive thing.

"Hello Oliver, I'm Doctor Peters. Would you mind taking a seat on the bed for me?"

Oliver turned and slowly sat down, trying not to wince.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" she asked.

"I've injured my chest. I might have bruised some ribs."

"Okay, would you mind taking off your layers for me so I can have a look?"