Chapter 2: The Wedding (👌)

Start from the beginning

I already met Nong Pop, my sister's fiancé, through a family dinner last night. He is a good kid. I can tell that by the way he looked at my sister. Moreover, seeing how happy Nong Pang is, I knew they are right for each other.

I am happy too. At least my sister got her happily ever after.

The simple dinner comprised of N' Pops parents, his older sister, my parents, my two uncles with their wives, me and of course, the couple. Soon enough the dining hall was filled with lively chats among the soon-to-be in-laws.

N' Pops dad, a retired law practitioner is surprisingly very humorous. His mom, on the other hand, is a gentle sophisticated woman with the warmest smile.

"So, Khun Phun, when are you getting married?", N'Pops mom asked me innocently.

That question threw me off guard. (Well, I guess almost all of us, for the table, suddenly went quiet). I know Auntie meant well and was just trying to strike casual conversation. Adults have this innate mission to find its single human a partner. But still it left me speechless.

Pang looked at me with those compassionate eyes. Mom and Dad remained nonchalant. Everybody else seems to hold out their tongues. Their stares made me quite uncomfortable. I never like it being the center of attention.

"Uhmm...I .. I---.haven't thought... about it yet Auntie",I politely replied.

"Oh!, how come? Surely with that looks of yours, getting a girl is never a problem, right", N'Pops dad winked at me impishly.

"Exactly my thoughts", she seconded her husband. "I knew a lot of girls. Pretty, smart and educated. I'm sure they'd be delighted to meet you. Do you want me to arrange a meeting with you?"

"ahh..Thank you  Auntie but there's no need for that...I ...", I held my words as I felt the cold silver thing next to heart ." I-already... have someone in my heart", I added, unconsciously grabbing that place.

"Oww..", Auntie smiled understandingly. "Well, I would love to meet her one day".

I only give her a smile. (yeah, I would love to meet HIM again one day...if only I could....)

***

Wedding Day

Pang looked exceptionally beautiful in her overflowing white wedding gown. The warm glow of happiness radiates from her eyes. The same warmth in Nong Pop's tear-filled eyes as the sweet wedding melody starts to play along filling the air with love.

🎶All I am

All I'll be

Everything in this world

All that I'll ever need

Is in your eyes

Shining at me 🎶

One by one, the wedding entourage marched their way to the aisle decorated in hues of white and pink tulips. The flower vines hang perfectly from the ceiling. Even the white pristine chairs gave off that ethereal look of the wedding.

🎶when you smile I can fell

All my passion unfolding

Your hand brushes mine

And a thousand sensation

Seduce me 'cause I..🎶

Mom and Dad walked Pang through the aisle, hooking their arms to each side of the bride. They are one proud parent to behold by the way they proudly smile at the attendees.

The crowd in awe let out whispered admiration to the sight of the lovely bride walking on the aisle holding a bouquet of dainty white Stephanotis held together by a pink ribbon. Her lips curved a captivating smile while her eyes glued to that one person waiting for her at the altar.

🎶I do cherish you

For the rest of my life

You don/t have to think twice

I will love you still

From the depths of my soul

It's beyond my control

I've waited so long to say this to you

If you're asking do I love you this much

I do

As I watched my lovely sister walked towards her happiness, I can feel my heart tightening as a memory came to invade me once again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

some don't get to read past chapter 1 coz as i've stated this is a bit on the emotional side. but i'm glad you're reading here still.

Thank you for giving this story a chance 🙏🙏🙏

enjoy

Xee Yah ^_^

🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

-"It's bad...bad for my heart"