7 - Where Did Declan Go? (7/19/18 update)

Start from the beginning

                When the woman closed the door, and the two were left alone, Diamond attacked. Within seconds she was on her feet and charging at the woman's back, thinking she could tackle her to the ground. "Big mistake bit-"

                The woman whirled around, clutching a pink stun gun in her hand and wore a sinister grin.

                Diamond didn't have enough time to stop. She ran right into the active electrical prongs and experienced the shock of a lifetime.

                Her legs buckled beneath her and she collapsed to the floor at the woman's feet.

***Declan's POV***

                The door flew open, and a frustrated Declan stormed into the small room. His gaze landed immediately on Diamond sprawled out on the floor then shot up to the woman standing above her, "What the hell is going on here?" he demanded, bending down to help Diamond up.

                "This is what happens when you bring rubbish into the garden. If you insist on bringing outsiders into the mix, you must train them properly as to not to behave like heathens!" The woman's eyes are mere slits. Her face crimson with fury. "Your father-"

                Declan stood up, towering over the woman whose face had gone ghostly pale, "Would have had you strung up by your toes and skinned alive for even daring to speak to a male like you are their equal." he spat.

                He took another threatening step forward, making the woman take a submissive step backward. She didn't stop until her back pressed up against the wall.

                His voice dropped to a smoldering growl, "You speak of women not knowing their place yet you have clearly forgotten yours. Haven't you?"

                The woman bowed her head, refusing to meet his gaze any longer. She mumbled a whispered apology.

                "I'm sorry," Declan's hand came to rest against the wall near her head. He leaned into her. "What was that? I couldn't quite hear you."

                "I haven't forgotten my place, Sir." She glanced up at him with genuine fear etched across her face. Declan smiled down at her. Thinking it was an act of mercy, the woman added, "I am only trying to make things run smoothly for you. As you expected of me, Sir."

                "That's what I thought." His hand brushed her hair out of her face, "But I think you need a reminder of where you came from."

                "What?" her eyes widened in terror, "You don't mean-"

                "Indeed I do." Declan's fingers sunk into the woman's hair. Gripping it tightly, he pulled her head back with a sharp tug, enjoying the cry that passed her lips, "A one night only auction. If you're lucky maybe someone other than Master Humphrey with bid on you."

                "You can't do this!" She hissed out of both anger and fear, "He'll ruin me! You must know of his ways with women."

                "You've brought this on yourself." Declan yanked the woman forward by her hair and dragged her towards the middle of the room.

                Diamond sat up, looking dazed and confused. "Now apologize to my guest." He enunciated the last word.

                "Guest?" the woman asked and realization set in instantly, "Oh dear god," she groaned, "I didn't know! I swear it. I thought she was the new one you've taken on." She was visibly shaking now. Tears formed in her eyes and flooded her reddening cheeks. "I'm truly sorry for my mistake, Sir. Surely you understand?"