"They might need one more kiss, just to make sure," Oliver said with a growing smile.

Vinny's eyes shined in response before he re-connected their lips. The human kissed back and pushed his cold nose into Vinny's warm face. He rested a hand on his soulmates cheek, keeping him close.

Just when more kisses rose to the surface, Vinny's phone started ringing.

Hesitantly, he pulled back and glared instantly. When he looked at his phone, his glare darted up the beach to see that his parents were still sitting on the bench.

"What?" he asked bluntly, making Oliver chuckle.

"How about a hello?" Duke scoffed on the phone. He heard a low grumble but couldn't make out what he said. "Anyway, are you just about ready to go into the village?"

"Do you want to go to the village now?" Vinny asked Oliver.

"Sure," he smiled.

Vinny resisted the urge to smile at him and replied.

"Okay good, would you like to start making your way up the beach then please?" Duke said. "Oh and sorry for interrupting." He hung up quickly, laughing with his wife.

Vinny's glare turned into a scowl. He knew his dad interrupted their kiss on purpose.

"You look so happy when your eyebrows do that." Oliver reached up and pushed down on them, deepening his frown.

Vinny pulled his head back and rolled his eyes. They then started making their way across the sand. The snow was thick, but it was not bad compared to their city.

When they almost reached Duke and Madison, Vinny stopped and pulled Oliver around. He frowned at what he was doing, but Vinny gave him no time to think and quickly pushed their lips together.

Oliver raised his eyebrows. He was feeling fortunate today. Vinny is showering him with affection.

Madison chuckled as Duke pulled out his phone again. Vinny ignored it when it started ringing. Instead, he wrapped his arms around Oliver's shoulders and continued to kiss him.

"Shouldn't... you get... that," Oliver breathed, in-between kisses.

Vinny cancelled his dads call and glared at Duke.

"You're trying to annoy your parents aren't you?" Oliver sighed with a sense of realisation.

"Yes." They both stared at each other for a long second. Oliver was showing no expression until he suddenly leant forward and pulled him into another kiss. Vinny smiled against it, knowing that his soulmate would join in.

"Alright, alright, we get it," Duke sighed as Madison grinned.

When the boys finally reached them, Vinny was still glaring at his dad.

"Don't look at me like that," chuckled Duke. Madison then pulled him away from Oliver so she could link arms with him. Oliver hung back and walked with Duke as they headed back up the icy steps.

"How are you doing today, Oliver?" he asked with a kind smile.

"I'm good thanks," he returned the smile. "How're you?"

"I'm great. It's nice to get out of that house for a while."

"Yeah, this place is nice." Oliver looked at the beach from a higher view.

"It's lovely, isn't it? It's a shame your dad couldn't come. It's nice to spend a day with you, so we can get to know you a little better."

Oliver chuckled. He has spent a lot of time with Vinny recently.

"I hope you don't mind me being with your son so much." He didn't want to feel like he has suddenly taken over.

"Oliver, you are the best thing that has ever happened to him," Duke replied. "You have given him something to live for, and we all love having you in this family."

The human found it quite touching. It made him feel very proud.

"Thank you for accepting me into your family."

Duke liked how polite Oliver is. What they see is what they get. He is charming, kind and understanding.

"You are more than welcome," he beamed as they reached the top of the steps.

Oliver looked up to see Vinny walking ahead with his mum. They were deep in a conversation, so he continued to walk with Duke.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself. Did you grow up in our town?" the alpha asked.

As they fell into a deep conversation of their own, the bodyguards followed. Any member of the public would never be able to tell that they were anything other than regular people. But nobody was aware that someone who is a threat to the vampires had not been caught and was lingering close, scoping out every single guard.