Madison nodded, glad to hear it.

"Okay so, your father and I got thinking last night, and we thought it would be a good idea if we went out for the day."

Vinny frowned at that idea.

"Do you think it's wise after what has happened?"

"I spoke to Jed before I came in, he's just down the hall," Madison said. He always has been when Vinny and Oliver were in the bedroom. But the bodyguard used to be under strict instructions never to be seen. "He agreed that it might do you both good to have a day away. We would have bodyguards around so that you would be safe. We thought about going to the beach or just to a nice little village."

Vinny thought about it. He didn't like that Oliver was cooped up in the mansion all week, working. So maybe going somewhere different would help to distract his mind and keep him busy from worrying about his mother.

"Okay, I think he'll like that," he whispered, just as Oliver started to stir.

They both watched him stretch his arms with a tired frown. He gripped Vinny's top and buried his face deeper into his chest. He was mostly still asleep, but just starting to drift from his dreams.

"I think you should wake him now. We're leaving in about half an hour." Madison has been up for almost two hours now, so has Duke. Their son would usually be up too, but he likes to stay with Oliver and be there when he wakes.

"We'll be down in about ten minutes or so," Vinny watched Madison turn and walk out of the bedroom. He looked down to his soulmate, knowing it would be a challenge to get him out of bed. He is not a morning person.

"Oliver," he said while shaking his shoulder. "Oliver."

The human got lifted from his sleep by a very welcomed deep voice. He panicked for a second, but his eyes open to see the familiar bedroom. He was safe.

Groaning, he reached for the duvet and pulled it over his head.

"Oliver, it's time to get out of bed." Vinny pulled the covers away with a struggle. Oliver wouldn't let go.

"Am I working?" he mumbled without opening his eyes.

"No," Vinny softly shook his chest, "but you have to get up, we're going somewhere."

Oliver concentrated on the warm comforts of being in bed, rather than his soulmates demands.

"Not yet," he muttered, rolling away from Vinny and sinking his face into the pillow.

"We're leaving very soon, come on, " Vinny spoke with amusement in his eyes. He didn't mind that Oliver wasn't a morning person, unlike him. He liked the challenge of pulling him out of bed, and he loved his cute, sleepy nature before he became his somewhat hyper self.

When the vampire received no reply, He then decided to advance towards step two, pulling him out of bed.

He sat up and pulled the duvet off Oliver entirely before wrapping his arms around him and dragging him up. Oliver was almost the same weight and nearly the same height as Vinny, but it wasn't a problem for the vampire.

"No!" Oliver whined and struggled against him to get back into bed, but he already knew it was pointless

When he refused to use his legs, Vinny sighed and decided to act like a child too. He licked his thumb and stuck it into Oliver's ear, making him jump and immediately step away. He covered his ears and looked at Vinny with disgust.

"Okay, I deserved that." With a growing smile, he stepped slowly past Vinny and into the walk-in wardrobe. Vinny smirked. He liked that his soulmate knew fine well that he was dramatic. They did enjoy winding each other up, but they never took it seriously.

* * * * *

When they entered the dining-room, Oliver still had the same, puffy, tired eyes. It would take him another hour or so to wake up properly.

"Ok, let's get you some coffee," Vinny said and put his hands on Oliver's shoulders, guiding him over to the table.

It had just gone past seven in the morning, and he was not in the mood to be talkative, so he allowed Vinny to just get on with it.

"Wow, someone looks tired," Duke chuckled when Oliver sat down. He flashed him a little smile and blankly watched Vinny poor him a warm drink.

"Thank you," he murmured. He hated how he couldn't cope with early morning's, but he has always been like this. Vinny watched him eat some toast. In this state, he couldn't help but find him adorable.

"So lads," Duke spoke, getting their attention. "We have decided to go to a little village next to the beach, where the snow isn't as bad as it is here, but it's still pretty cold so you'll have to wrap up warm Oliver." Vampires don't get as cold as humans do, but they will all wear a coat and maybe some gloves.

Oliver nodded and drank his coffee. The boys were not bothered about where they went; they just knew it would be nice having a day out together.

"Is my dad coming?" Oliver asked and rubbed his eyes.

"No, he couldn't get the day off work. We insisted that he didn't have to work anymore, but he said he likes having a job."

Oliver shook his head. His dad was always a believer in earning his way in the world. It was making him a little nervous that he wouldn't choose to turn into a vampire. He wanted him to live a long life, like him. But it was John's choice.

"That doesn't surprise me." He stretched and put his arm on the back of Vinny's chair. The vampire very slyly bent his foot around the leg of Oliver's chair and pulled it slowly towards him. Vinny didn't even break a smile when their chairs connected. Oliver loved it when he was playful, but looking so serious at the same time. He then put his arm around Oliver's shoulders and showed him the smallest smile.

Since they shared the passionate kiss last night, Vinny has continuously needed his human to be close. Maybe the bond was strengthening the more intimate they became? Or perhaps he is fully accepting Oliver, and his body needs more of his comfort? He didn't know, but nobody did. Bonds are unusual, untested and all somewhat different.