Life Never Goes as Planned

5 years later

"Evan hurry up you're going to be late for school." I hear footsteps down the hall. "I know mommy, I'm already ready." I smile as I give him his lunchbox. "Daddy is going to take you and aunt Lacy will be picking you up early ok?" He nods.

"Killian!" I scream and I hear him running into the kitchen. "Sorry love, I was just..." I laugh. "Get going if not your son is going to be late." He nods. "I know I'm going." He grabs his keys and grabs Evan's hand. "Where's my goodbye kiss Evan?" He lets go of Killian's hand and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I smile.

"Have a good day my love," I say and Killian smiles. "I will." I laugh. "I was talking to Evan." Evan laughs. "Haha mommy loves me more than you daddy," Evan says and Killian gives me a death glare. I laugh and they walk out the front door. I finished cleaning the dishes and prepared for work.

Today is a very important day, today I am saying goodbye to the institute. Killian and I have decided to move on from the institute and besides, the fashion industry is a place for youngsters. Killian and I are getting of age and we need our rest.

We have agreed to both help out in case big events happen but in the mean time we will both be editing the magazine and that's it. Leía and Liam have both married and gone off with their significant other and Rhea is off to college with Ben. Oh and did I mention they are dating.

Yeah, life hasn't turned out the way I had planned it but I sure love it. Time passes by and Killian comes home and sighs. "Our boy will be death of us Emma." I laugh. "What did he do this time?" "He's only in kindergarten and he's all flirty with the other girl students and gave the teacher a hard time walking into the classroom." I laugh.

"Well he is your son." He scoffs. "What is that supposed to mean?" I chuckle. "Nothing forget it." He gives me a glare. "Ok enough, lets go we are going to be late." He nods. "Don't think I'm going to forget that comment Mrs Jones." I laugh. "I know you won't." He comes and gives me a kiss.

"I love you." I smile. "And I love you." We gather up our things and made our way to the institute. As soon as we got inside we noticed no one was there. I gave Killian a weird look. "Emma and Killian to the main conference hall," we read on the main screen from the lobby. Killian and I made our way to the main conference hall.

"Why is everyone there?" He shrugs. "I don't know, maybe they are all gathered up in a meeting to let everyone know we are leaving." I nod. "Makes sense." He smiles. We walked into the hall and everyone clapped and cheered. I jumped. Then we read a banner that read "We will miss you Emma & Killian." Tears ran down my face. I looked at Killian and he smiled.

We look at everyone and we see Leía and Liam with their significant others. I didn't know they were going to come. "We had to come and honor the legacy you two left." I smile. Everyone came and greeted us. I looked back at Killian and he smiled at me.

"How you feeling love?" I wiped my tears. "Both happy and sad." He smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead. "We definitely left a legacy here at Fashion Avenue Institute." I nod. "The best decision I had ever made was applying here." I smile. "Really?" He nods. "Yes, because it gave me everything, even if I did have to deal with a grumpy and mean boss." I gasp.

"Hey, well I guess you're right, I was a very mean boss." He smiles. "Yes but I knew how to make that mean boss nice." I blush. "Yes you did but it didn't come easy." He sighs. "No it did not but it was worth it." I smile. They start to serve drinks and everyone is having a good time.

Time passes by and Lacy arrives with the kids. I smile as Evan comes running towards me. "How was school my love?" He smiles. "Belle and I made a sand castle during recess." I look at Belle and she nods. "So I take it you had fun?" He nods. "Give mommy a kiss." He gives me a kiss then goes to the other room with Belle. I go and thank Lacy.