Unbelievably Heartbroken

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The doctors came rushing in. One of the nurses pushed me aside. "What happened?" I ask the doctor who had greeted me earlier. "She was fine, she didn't have any complications during the surgery." I shake my head.

"Doctor I can't find a pulse and her temp is going down." The nurse screams. "Bring the crash cart then we will try to get her temperature up." He says. They bring the crash cart and start to set it up. I walk over to Lacy and she is in tears. I go up and hug her. "Charge to 200." The doctor says. "Clear!" He screams. Then he shocks Emma. They stare at the monitor and there's still a flat line. "No change." The nurse says. "Damn it, charge to 300!" The doctor screams.

"Clear!" He screams and shocks her again. Her body jolts up and quickly falls back. They stare at the monitor. The flat line continued. My heart starts to break. I cannot lose her, I cannot lose the one person I love with all my heart. I can't raise our twins by myself. Lacy is sobbing and I hug her tightly.

The doctor puts the paddles away and starts to do chest compressions. "Damn it Emma come back to us!" He screams. "You can't leave, you have two beautiful children waiting for you, your husband and sister!" He continues on for 10 minutes and there's no change. He sighs then turns off the monitor. They all look at us and I burst into more tears. "I'm so sorry Mr. Jones." He looks up at the clock. "Time of death, 15:18." I fall to my knees and Lacy wraps her arms around me.

They all start to walk out and I walk up to Emma. I look down and tears were just flowing down my face. I couldn't handle the pain I was feeling. I caress her cheek. "Emma, my love.." Lacy is just sitting down on one of the chairs sobbing.

I grab her lifeless body and I held her close. I was sobbing uncontrollably. "Emma you can't leave me, I need you!" I screamed. Lacy walks up to me and tries to pull me away. I push her away and she pulls me again. "She's gone Killian, she's not coming back you need to be strong for your kids." She says as she caresses my arm.

I nod as I wipe my tears. "She didn't deserve this Lacy, if I hadn't gone to get the stuff and stayed with her she would still be alive." Lacy sighs. "You don't know that." I continue to cry. That's when the people from the morgue walk in to take her away. I couldn't believe this was happening. I walk up to her and give her one last kiss. "I love you Emma." I say and kiss her softly.

"Don't worry my love I will take care of our kids." I say and kiss her forehead. I lean back and they cover her with the blanket. They slowly take her away and my will to live. Lacy sits down on a chair and I sit down on the floor with my back against the wall.

"What do we do now?" I sigh. "I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what just happened." She nods. "I'll leave you alone for a bit ok?" I nod. "Thanks Lacy, I will let you know in a bit what we will be doing." She nods and walks away. I sat there and I literally wanted to die as well but I can't. My twins can't be without their father. They already lost one parent they can't lose the other.

I get up and I walk to the nursery to see my little boy. I walk up to the window and I see him laying there in the little crib. I walk into the nursery and ask if I can hold him and sure enough they give me permission. I put on a scrub and the nurse hands me my little boy. I sit down on a rocking chair and held him closely.

I look down and he opens his eyes and smiles. I nearly melted when he did that. I held him up to my face and I started to cry. I lowered him down and I caressed his face. He starts to scrunch up his face and let's out a cry. I get up and start to rock him. He quickly quiets down and buries his face on my chest. "Don't worry my little one daddy's got you." He smiled and I could hear a light snore.

I couldn't believe that this little one was in Emma and we were clueless about him. The nurse walks in and takes him away. "He will be released in a couple of days." She says and I nod. "Thank you." She nods. I take off the scrubs and walked right out of the nursery.

I walked out of the hospital and sat down by the fountains. I just stared at the water as it went up and down. How the hell am I supposed to be a good father to these two little ones without my Emma? I can't, she's my everything and now she's gone. Tears started to roll down my face again. My heart was so broken but at the same time it wasn't because I have two new loves in my life.

I look up and I see a couple walking by with their newborn in their arms. I couldn't help but envy that. Emma never held her babies in her arms. Shoot she didn't even know that she was having a boy. She didn't deserve this, she deserved to be the one thing she desired the most, to be a mother.

I leaned back and closed my eyes and tried to pull myself together. I needed to be strong for my family, I can't abandon them now. Hopefully with the help of Lacy and my parents, we will be able to raise my beautiful children the way Emma would have liked to.