My New Family

2 months later

I come to visit my little Rhea every day since they've sent me home. It's been a hassle but it's well worth it. I'm just excited because in a couple of weeks I'll be able to take Rhea home.

I pulled a couple of strings and we are able to spend time with her in a room. So I decided to invite my in laws to see her. I didn't want to tell them I had her before so they wouldn't be scared so I thought this would be a nice surprise for them.

I'm there in the hospital room just staring at my little one. I could totally tell she's going to have blonde hair, I bet Killian would have loved her. That's when I remembered Killian and Aaron.

I sat down and tears started to roll down my face. Rhea could have had her daddy and brother here but I'm the reason why they are both gone. I will never forgive myself for that. I took out my phone and dialed Killian's number.

After a couple of seconds it went to voicemail. "Hey you've reached Killian Jones. I am not available at this moment, please leave your message and I will get back to you as soon as I can." I hung up and continued to cry. I do that every time I want to hear his voice.

That's when Lacy walks in. "Morning Em-." She then gasps. "What's wrong?" I stayed quiet. "You miss Killian don't you?" I nod. She hugs me. "Oh my best friend, whenever you see Rhea or the twins, they will remind you of Killian." I nod. I then caressed her little belly. "How's my little bean doing in there?" She smiles.

"Good although I can't with the morning sickness." I laugh. "Oh that is something I do not miss." She laughs. "Im excited for this baby." I smile. "I am too Lacy." She walks over to Rhea and starts to get a little worried.

"Hey don't worry you won't have your baby as early as I did. Your baby will make it to term." She smiles and nods. "Yeah and then we will be able to raise them together." I nod. "That's right." She smiles. "So you're really telling your in laws about Aaron?" I sigh. "I have to, no more secrets." She nods.

I look at Rhea and smiled. My baby deserves the best and the best is that her family knows that I killed her brother. "You still need me to be here?" I shake my head. "No Jesse will be coming down with the twins." She nods.

"Oh and how's that going by the way, I know we always talk about it but now I mean..." I nod. "I don't know Lacy, I mean I am attracted to Jesse and I think I may like him. He makes me feel safe and he loves my kids but..." She grabs my hand. "You still have Killian in your heart, it's normal." I nod.

"I just, I want to move on but then I don't. I feel too guilty." She nods. "Well give him a chance to prove himself, I mean he has proven he loves you and the kids. And Emma..." I look up. "Yeah?" "Killian's never coming back, I think that's what you're still dealing with. You have hope that he's coming back that's why you don't want to move on, but there's nothing wrong with moving on." A tear rolls down my face and I nod.

"I guess you're right." She smiles and wipes my tear. That's when we hear the twins laughing down the hall. "Speaking of your loves." I laugh. "Thanks Lacy." She nods and hugs me. She walks away and in comes Jesse with the kids. He walks up to me and gives me a kiss. "How you doing?" I smile. "Good." He nods. Then the kids come and hug me.

"Ok so grandma and grandpa are coming to meet your baby sister, so I expect you two to behave ok?" They both nod. "Ok so go and sit down on the sofa, Jesse can you..." He nods. He then goes and puts on the iPad for them. I smiled. "Thanks babe." He smiles. "I love it when you call me that." I smiled.

"You know today Im going to present you and Rhea officially to my in laws, well ex in laws I suppose.." He nods. "So just be patient they might get surprised or act a bit off." He nods. "I understand my love." I nod. That's when we hear a knock on the door. The kids run and hug their grandparents.

Leía grabs their hands and walks them to the incubator. They wave to me and I smile. "Look our baby sister," Leía says and they stop and stare at Rhea. "Oh our little one," Brennan says and I smile. "She's doing good, she'll be able to come home in two weeks." They smile.

"What's her name?" "Rhea Marie Jones." They gasp. "You're still keeping Jones?" I nod. "Why wouldn't I, she is after all Killian's daughter." They both smile and nod. Jesse comes and hugs me and Brennan gives him a weird look. "So are you two....?" My mother in law asks and I nod. "That's what I wanted to let you two know, umm he's been very helpful you two know that." They nod.

"We understand, you're not old Emma it makes sense that you want someone at your side." I nod. "Jesse you think you can take Leía and Liam to get a snack," I say. He nods because he knows we are about to talk about something serious. He nods. "Sure love," he says and walks way with Leía and Liam. I close the door and sighed.

"I still love Killian, he will always be in my heart but Jesse he's a nice guy and..." My mother in law puts her hand up. "We understand." I nod. "There's another thing." They give me a weird look. "What is it?" I closed my eyes and tried to hold back my tears.

"Umm I had another baby besides Rhea." They gasp. "I lost him." They gasp. "When?" Brennan asks. "A couple of months ago." They stood there quietly. "I'm sorry my body was just going crazy, it was when I found out about Killian, I didn't know I was pregnant with two kids but I had lost my little Aaron." They gasp. That's when I burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry," I say and my mother in law hugs me. She starts to caress my head. "No no shhh it's ok." I buried my face in her neck. "Please don't hate me, I didn't want to tell you this because you were all dealing with Killian.." They nod. "It will be hard to get used to having him around..." I continued to cry. "Don't worry I won't pressure anyone to accept him right away." They nod.

"You want to marry him?" Brennan asks and I stood there a bit baffled as I stared at Rhea. "Ummm I don't think I want to deal with that right now, the only thing that matters to me is Rhea and my twins." He nods. "I'm sorry again." My mother in law snaps.

"Emma stop saying sorry, please what happened, happened you need to forgive yourself so you can continue on with your life. We don't blame you or even regret you marrying our son, we love you and we will be with you for the rest of our lives." I smiled as tears continued to flow down my cheek.

They both hugged me and I honestly felt safe in their arms. "It's ok sweetie." I nod. That's when Jesse and the kids walked in. The kids went running to the couch and Jesse walked up to me. Brennan walks up to him and gives me a stern look.

"You protect her ok?" He nods. "If you hurt her, you will hear from me, Emma is like a daughter to me ok Jesse?" He nods. Brennan smiles. "Ok then, we will be taking the twins for the day," he says and the twins grab their backpacks and grab his hands.

I go and kissed their foreheads. They all said goodbye to Rhea and walked away. I sat down and Jesse sat at my side. "You ok?" I looked at him and smiled. "Yes I'm just, we are taking one step at a time ok, so be patient." He nods.

"I love you Emma." He says and I smile and hug him. I don't know if I'm ready to take this step but all I know is that I'm slowly starting to accept and love my new family.