A Not so Jolly Christmas

Christmas is today and in all reality I didn't feel like celebrating. What was there to be jolly about? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I mean I'm happy to know that my dad is at home. My grandparents paid for home care so he can be more comfortable but that didn't take away the fact that he has cancer and is dying.

I'm not talking to Liam after what I found out he had said about mom or to my grandparents. The only people I'm talking to is Leía, my aunt Lacy, my dad of course and Ben. I was heartbroken when Damon and Liam came back empty handed, my mother was gone. God I hate that's how she is but I get it that she's hurt, shoot if I was in her shoes I would have done the same thing. So like I said today is Christmas Day and usually the house is filled with the scent of pancakes cooking, coffee brewing and laughter all throughout but today wasn't one of those days.

Aunt Lacy was preparing everything for today as I was checking to see if my dad's things were all in order. My dad smiles at me. "Oh my princess, you shouldn't have to do this," he softly says and I half smile. "Yes I do daddy, now shush and drink some water." He laughs and drinks water.

"Any news on your mother?" He asks as I take the cup away from him. I shake my head. He nods. "No why would there be, she's hurt, she's not coming back." I sigh. "Don't worry dad I will find mom and bring her home along with baby Evan." He smiles. "I do hope they come back before I..." I sigh. "Die." He nods. I held back tears as I fixed his pillow. "Rhea dear?" I looked back at him and smiled. "Yes daddy?" He grabs my hand. "I'm sorry for ruining Christmas for you." I shake my head.

"No dad don't apologize, I'm just happy you're here with us." He smiles and caresses my cheek. "Oh my little princess." I smile. "Well how about I ask Leía and Liam to take you to the living room, we still have to open presents." He smiles. "You want me to be in the living room with you guys?" I nod. "Of course daddy, you need to spend time with us." He smiles. "Ok." I make my way to the living room and I find aunt Lacy playing with Belle as Ben, Liam, and Lacy are setting up the table.

"Leía can you along with Liam help bring dad into the living room?" She nods. Liam walks up to me and I turn around ignoring him and made my way back to dad's room. "Ok dad, let's go." He smiles and nod. Liam and Leía walked into the room and they helped dad out into the living room. I helped connect all his stuff back up and he was all good on the couch.

Everyone sat down and I noticed we were all waiting for something to happen or someone to start it. I sighed when it hit me. My mom is usually the one who leads these things. Aunt Lacy noticed and handed Belle to Leía. "Ok well Emma is usually the one good at this but we shall honor her by everyone opening their gifts." We all nod.

I had saved up money and bought gifts for four people. Ben, Mom, Leía and Dad. I go and grab my presents and gave one to Leía then to Ben. I know I should give one to Liam but I am still pissed off at him. I put moms gift back under the tree and I walk back to my dad. He was opening up gifts that everyone else had got him.

I went and sat down next to him. "You liking your gifts daddy?" He smiles. "Of course princess, but my greatest gift is spending time with all of you." I smile. "Well you're going to receiving one more, mine," I say and hand him a little box. He opens it and gasps.

"Rhea." I smile. "See I can wear one and you the other." He smiles as he takes out the bracelet and puts it on his wrist. "So I'm super dad, and you're Supergirl?" I nod. "Yeah because you're my super hero daddy." He smiles then caresses my cheek. "Oh my princess, oh sorry I mean my Supergirl." A tear rolled down my cheek.

He wipes it and smiles. "No we have to be happy, even though your mother isn't here ok?" I nod and leaned next to him. "So I heard you aren't speaking to your brother, why is that?" I start to get nervous. "Umm..." He sighs. "Its ok don't tell me but remember don't stay mad at him for too long, you don't when he will leave us." I nod.

"I don't care I just want to be with you." He smiles and kisses my head. Christmas continued and ended in a wink of an eye, we tried to be happy and jolly but we couldn't, not when our mother wasn't home. I laid in bed wondering where mother could be. I decided that maybe I could sleep with my dad.

I went and knocked on the door. "Dad you sleeping?" I walked in and dad was more pale than usual. "Daddy?" He smiles then sighs. "Rhea, go call your brother and sister." Tears start to fill my eyes. "I'm not gonna make it, I have to say goodbye to all three of you." I shake my head. "No no no no, Leia, Liam!" I scream.

After a couple of minutes screaming they rush into the room. "Daddy you can't leave us." He sighs. "You three are my pride and joy my loves, I ask you three to please get a long, if you ever find your brother and mother tell them that I love them so much." We all gasp. "No daddy you have to fight, for Evan for mom, for us." He smiles softly.

"Let me go find mom, I can find her," I said and ran off. I go get my stuff then her present. I ran out the door and I find Damon walking towards me. "What..." He smiles. "I think I know where your mother is." I gasp. "You do?" He nods. "I came to pick up Liam..." I shake my head. "No take me to her now!" I scream. "Rhea." I start to cry. "My dad is dying, he needs my mom, please take me to her." He sighs and nods.

"Very well lets go." I nod. I get in the car and Damon drives off. I held her present close to my heart and continued to cry. I do hope we find my mother and bring her home so she can see my dad one last time.