Good and Bad News

I had totally forgotten that today is Rhea's field trip and I didn't tell Killian anything and I just booked it to the institute. Luckily Lacy had called the day off so she's taking her to school. Such a sweet heart my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her.

I do hope Killian, is feeling better, I took some pills and I feel great but Killian didn't look too good when I left. I finally get to the institute and I could sense that today is going to be a stressful today.

I make my way to my office and again I get nauseous. Oh God, I thought I was feeling good but I guess I was wrong. I mean there's no other explanation for this unless... I go check my calendar and I gasp. I'm late, 3 weeks late. No, I can't be or could I? That's when I call Skye into my office.

"Skye is Damon coming today?" "He's coming tomorrow." I sigh in relief. "Good, Skye can you do me a huge favor, but please do this with all the discretion in the world." She gave me a weird look. "Everything ok?" I sigh. "Skye I need you to buy me three pregnancy tests." She gasps. "Are you..." I sigh. "I don't know, I mean I don't think it's possible but..."

She nods. "Don't worry I will get them." I smile. "And don't worry I will be in the office so I will answer all the calls." She nods. "Thanks Skye." She nods then walks away. I start to panic. I can't have a child, I don't think I can go through that again. 30 minutes later Skye comes with the tests. I get them and make my way to the restroom. I take the tests and await for the results.

I mean aren't I a bit old to be pregnant? Maybe it's other types of problems and not a pregnancy. I check the first test and I see the word pregnant. I sigh. I'm pregnant, I check the other two they have plus signs on both. I put the tests inside my bag and ran to my office. I lock the door and I call Lacy, but she doesn't answer. I then call Killian and he doesn't pick up. I sigh. I guess I will be telling them later. I caress my belly and sigh.

Lacy's POV
I get to Emma's house and I knock on the door. I see Rhea had opened and she comes and hugs me. "You ready?" She nods. "Ok then grab your stuff, Ben is in the car waiting for you." She smiles. "Sweetie where's your dad?" "I think he's in his room, he made breakfast then said he had a headache and went back inside his room." I nod. "Ok well go wait for me in the car while I say goodbye." She nods. She gets all her stuff and goes to the car.

I go and knock on the door. It's weird that Killian would act like that, and since Emma's been telling me he looks sick it's best to check him out. "Killian?" Nothing. I put my ear against the door and I don't hear any movement. I check the door knob and it's locked. I knock again. "Killian?" Nothing. Now I'm starting to worry.

I go get the key from the drawer in the kitchen that unlocks the room. I knew the key was there because Emma would lock herself in the room, I know I shouldn't open it but it's an emergency. I unlock the door and I slowly open it. "Killian?" I look inside and I see him laying on the floor. I gasp. I ran quickly to his side and tried to shake him.

I see the top part of his shirt covered in blood and noticed that his nose was bleeding. Oh God. "Killian?" I call out to him. I started to panic. He wasn't waking up. I didn't want to call Emma because she would come straight over here and probably get more sick. That's when I flip him over and I see a weird spot on his lower back. I lifted his shirt and I see he had bruises all over his back.

Damn, Emma was right. I flip him back down. I check his breathing and luckily he was still breathing. I went and grabbed some alcohol and a cotton ball and put it over his nose. A few seconds passed by and he gasps for air. "Lacy?" I sigh. "Killian what the hell, are you ok?" He sighs. "I'm fine," he says annoyed as can be. I start to wipe his nose but he pushes my hand away.

"Killian, what's going on?" He scoffs. "Nothing I'm fine." I shake my head. "No we are going to do the doctors, once I leave Ben and Rhea at school I'm taking you." He sighs. "Ok but please don't tell Emma." I nod. He gets up and sits on the bed. "Rest up, I'll be back in 20 minutes." He nods.

"I'm taking your car keys, just in case." He laughs. "I won't go anywhere." I nod and closed the door. I go and close the door and I take the kids to school. As soon as I come back, I find Killian asleep on the bed. I went back through Emma's stuff and found their medical cards. I call Killian's doctor and made an appointment for him.

I start to shake him so we can go to the appointment. He wakes up and we make our way to the car. Once we get there, I go and check Killian in. I go sit next to him and he chuckles. "You didn't have to come with me Lacy." I chuckle. "Of course I had to," I say then sigh. "Is everything ok?" "No it's nothing." He chuckles. "Well you are already keeping one secret quiet for me, so I can keep your secret, secret." He says and I laugh.

"My husband left me." He gasps. "He did what?" I sigh and nod. "Yeah I made up the whole thing that he lost his parents, and Ben thinks he went to their funeral then out on a long business trip but I think he might suspect that's it's not true." "Lacy.." I nod. "Why didn't you tell Emma?" I sigh. "The same reason why you didn't tell Emma about those bruises on your back." He sighs.

"You saw?" I nod. "It's just that I don't want her to worry, she gets sick easily and..." I nod. "We both care about Emma," I say and he nods. "Promise me Lacy, that whatever they say here stays between us ok?" I nod. "As long as you stay quiet about my secret." He nods. He then hugs me. "I am so sorry, you don't deserve to be going through this right now, not when Belle is almost here." I sigh.

"It's ok, thank you Killian it means a lot." He smiles at me and I smile back. That's when they call Killian. Killian gets up then looks back at me. "Can you come in with me?" I nod. He helps me up and we walk inside.

The doctor starts to check him, and do all the physical exams. I don't know but from the look on her face, Killian isn't doing good. She walks away and leaves us alone in the room. "That didn't go well did it?" Killian says as he sits on the exam table. I sigh. "Have faith that it's just some allergic reaction." He nods.

That's when the doctor walks back in. "Ok Killian, I need you to get some blood work done, I am a bit worried about your condition." Killian nods. "Am I ok?" "I just need to check your blood." I nod. "But once it's done can you wait in the third floor waiting room." I gave her a baffled look. Killian nods.

We made our way to the basement to get Killian's labs done and once he finished we made our way to the third floor. Killian seemed a bit worried. "You ok Killian?" I ask as we sit down. "I don't know." I sigh. He's freaking out. That's when Emma calls me but ignore her call, then Killian's phone goes off and it's Emma but he ignores her as well. It's best to not talk to her right now.

An hour passed by and we are finally called into another exam room. That's when we see Killian's doctor and another doctor. Oh no, what is going on with Killian? "Killian, the reason why I sent you to get blood work done is because I wanted to confirm my suspicion." Killian nods. "And what is that?" "I'm sorry Killian but you have Leukemia." My heart dropped.

"That explains your bruising, sudden weight loss, all the symptoms you described to me and after I got your blood test results it confirmed to me that you have Leukemia." Killian sat there in shock. "Cancer?" He says in a quiet voice. The doctor nods. "This is our oncologist and he will go over what are the steps for treatment." I went and grabbed Killian's hand and he held it tight.

The doctor went over everything and the whole time that he was talking I wanted to cry. Killian had a type of leukemia that over time it was growing slowly and it finally arose but it's aggressive. He has an appointment next week to start with the exams and the first form of treatment, chemotherapy. Killian was quiet the whole time and that worried me.

We walked over to the car and sat down in silence. "You have to tell Emma, Killian she has to know, this is your life we are talking about." He nods. "I guess you're right." He then grabs my hand again. "Lacy thank you so much for coming with me, I really needed you in there." I smile. "Of course Killian." He smiles.

"How you holding up?" He shrugs. "I don't know, I don't know what to say or feel." I sigh. "Let's go get something to eat then I'll drive you back home." He nods. "Sounds good."