Unimaginable

"I choose the baby, save the baby." The surgeon nods. I walk up to Lacy and give her a kiss on the forehead. "Please hang on my best friend." I walk back to Killian and he nods. After a couple of minutes I hear a cry. I grabbed Killian's hand and he nodded.

I looked over at the baby and she was crying which means she was healthy. The nurse cleans her up then wraps her in a blanket. That's when she hands her to me. I smile. "Welcome to the world Belle." Killian smiles that's when the machines start to go crazy. "What's going on?" The surgeons and nurses are going crazy.

"No she's losing a lot of blood." I gasp. Killian then pulls me away. Belle starts to cry again and I held her close to my chest. "Save her, please!" I scream. One of the nurses pushes us to the little room in where the surgeons wash their hands. I'm rocking Belle as I see the surgeons treat Lacy.

I can't lose my best friend, I can't I just can't. That's when I hear the monitor flat line. I shake my head and ran into the room with Belle in my hands. They try to revive her but nothing. I start to cry then groan because I feel pain in my belly. Killian then hugs me. "Emma are you ok?" I nod. "I can't lose my best friend, my sister, my other half, Killian, I can't!" I turn around and I see Ben and Rhea through the window.

The nurse takes Belle away from me, then Killian and I rush outside. "Aunt Emma, what's happening with my mom?" I gasp. "Ben what are you doing here?" Rhea sighs. "Ben felt something was off and since he knew this was the hospital Aunt Lacy was going to go to when the baby came so we came." I gasp.

"How?" Ben looks at the window and that's when all the surgeons and nurses stopped. I slowly walked back inside. "Time of death, 17:20." My heart breaks. I turn around and I see Ben screaming, while Rhea and Killian are trying to calm him down. I turn back to Lacy and for some odd reason I felt like everything was going in slow motion.

I look at Belle and she was crying like crazy. The surgeon walks up to me. "We will transfer her to a room where you can pay your respects." I nod as tears were just rolling down my cheek. I walk out and Ben wanted to run inside, I stop him. "Why did she die aunt Emma, why?" He asks with tears in her eyes. "Where's my baby sister, did she die too?" I shook my head.

"No they went to feed her, you will get to see her in a little bit." He continues to cry and then he hugs me. "Where's dad, why isn't he here?" My heart broke. I looked up at Killian and he sighed. "Umm Ben, you're dad can't make it, he's umm...." Ben sighs. "He left didn't he?" I gasp. "What, how'd you know?" He sighs.

"I would hear mom arguing with dad on the phone and multiple times before at home," Ben said as he continued to cry. "I don't know why he abandoned us, why he left my mom and I." Oh God my heart was breaking than ever before. Rhea walks up to him and hugs him from behind.

He looks back at the room and he sees the surgeons taking Lacy away. "I don't need that man, I loved my dad but my mother didn't deserve the crap that he gave her." I nod. "I will look after my baby sister and no one will harm her." I smiled as I wiped the tears from his eyes. That's when he gasps.

"Wait, if my mom is gone and so is my dad, does this mean Belle and I will have to go into the system?" I shake my head. "No, you and Belle will come live with us." Killian walks up to me and grabs my shoulder. "That's right Ben, you and Belle are a part of our family." He smiles. "Thank you." He turns around and Rhea smiles at him as she gives him a big hug.

I get up and I hug Killian. My heart still ached, this wasn't the way that Lacy was supposed to leave this earth. "How's our baby doing?" I sighed as I rubbed my belly. "I think the baby is ok." He smiles. Minutes passed and we were all at the nursery watching Belle from out the window. That's when the doctor lets us know that we can see Lacy. I go inside and I grab Belle.

We all walked over to the room and stood in front of the door. Not one wanted to open the door and walk inside. Killian then opens the door and we see Lacy laying there on the bed. I looked at Ben and he started to cry. He ran up to her and started to caress her face. Oh God how I wish I could take away his pain.

"Mommy you didn't deserve this, I know you waited so long for Belle to come, I'm sorry I wasn't there to defend you from dad," he says as he lays his head on her chest. I looked at Killian with tears in my eyes. He shook his head as he started to cry. I looked down and Rhea was in tears.

I walked over to Lacy and Ben looked up and smiled at Belle. "Mommy you should see Belle, thank heavens she looks like you and nothing like dad," he says as he touches Belle's little hand. Belle starts to cry a bit and I place her on Lacy's chest. As soon as she felt Lacy she stopped crying.

"Mommy, you never got to meet Belle," Ben says. "Mommy, please wake up, I need you, I promise to be good, you can't be dead," he says as he starts to sob next to Belle. I couldn't handle this amount of pain. Ben didn't deserve to go through this, he's too young.

I looked back and Killian was still hugging Rhea. Killian then walks over to us and caresses Lacy's face. "She didn't deserve this." I nod. "She deserved the world." I nod. That's when we all decide to hug her. Even though she's gone she needs to know how much she is loved. Killian, Rhea, Ben and I were holding hands as I was holding on to Belle who was still on Lacy's chest.

After a couple of minutes we all let go. Killian and Rhea say goodbye and make their way towards the door. Ben doesn't want to leave his mother's side. He kisses her forehead then Rhea comes and grabs his hand. They make their way out the door and I stay behind. I sat down with Belle still in my arms. I started to tell Belle all the wonderful adventures her mother and I shared throughout the years.

Belle would just coo every so often. Tears would continue to build in my eyes as I remembered the times Lacy and I spent together. "Your mother is an amazing woman Belle, she was there for me when no one was, she was my person, and you will know how great she was little one, although she could be a pain in the butt at times..."

"You can be a pain in the butt too," I hear a voice say. I gasped and I see that it was Lacy who had said that. She starts to open her eyes and I started to scream. I hugged her and she hugged me back. "My best friend, how are you back?" She shrugged. "I don't know, I just, never mind that all I'm going to say is that I saw Aaron..." I gasp. "And he told me that his mom still needed her best friend and that I have a family that loves me." I started to cry.

"Oh my baby boy, still being the angel he was when he was little." She smiles. "Belle look who's here?" I say and hand Belle to Lacy. Lacy smiles as she takes a hold of her. "Emma, she's beautiful my daughter is beautiful." I smile as tears rolled down my cheek. "Yes just like her mother." She smiles at me. "I love you Emma." I smile. "And I love you."

"Thanks for keeping your word, you picked Belle." I nod. "It wasn't easy Lacy, but I know if you were in my shoes you would have picked the baby." She nods then gasps. "Does Ben...." I sigh. "Lacy, Ben knows his dad left you guys." She gasps. "How?" I sigh. "He's a big boy Lacy, you can't hide things from him." She smiles. "He is isn't he?" I nod.

"And did he see me dead?" I sigh and nod. "But let me bring him back, I'm sure he will be thrilled." She smiles. "Thank you Emma." I nod. I walk out the room and I see Ben still crying in Rhea's arms. It warmed and broke my heart at the same time. I walked over to Killian and he gave me a weird look.

"Where's Belle?" I smile. "No?" I nod. "Ben, Rhea, your mother is alive!" Killian screams. They both gasp and they all run back to the room. A nurse over hears Killian and walks over to me. "The patient that just died, she's alive?" I nod. She runs away and I make way to the room. I walk in and I see Ben hugging Lacy.

Boy did that warm my heart. We all go and hug Lacy and she smiles. "I am beyond blessed to have a family that loves me." I smile. That's when doctors come rushing in and they start to check Lacy. Lacy hands me Belle and we all stood back and watched as they checked her. I look down at Belle and smiled. Everything is going to be ok and we will all be together and just in time for the holidays.