A Helping Hand

Just like I promised Emma, I am going to find out what is going on with Liam. I made my way up North to the institute to check up on the designs for the fashion show. Once I finished I decided to check up on my contacts here that deal with college students.

It didn't take long before I found out the boy's whereabouts. I made my way to his house. The door opened and I felt like I was looking at a younger version of Killian, damn I kept forgetting how much Liam looked like him. "Liam Jones?" His eyes are red and he scoffs.

"Who's asking?" "My name is Damon Salvatore, I'm a friend of your mothers." Liam scoffs and tries to close the door. I put my arm up and stopped it. "Get out of here." I chuckle. "Liam your mother and sister are worried about you." He scoffs. "Leía can't shut her mouth." "Hey don't talk about your sister like that."

He walks inside the house and I follow him. "And why do you care Damon, you're not my dad." I chuckle. "I may not be but I'm your mothers friend." Liam chuckles. "She loves my dad she's not going to leave him for you, you're not going to get into her pants." I chuckle.

"Emma is my friend, I don't want to get into her pants Liam." He chuckles. "Whatever, can you leave me be." I shake my head. "I'm sorry but I can't." He scoffs. "Tell mom I'm ok, she needs to stop worrying, oh and let Leía know that's it's not good to be a snitcher." I shake my head and he walks away.

That's when a bunch of boys walk into the living room with cases of beer and bags of drugs. I knew exactly what was going on. "Liam!" One of the guys shouts and Liam comes walking back into the living room. "Hey Liam who's this guy?" The boy asks as he takes out the bottles of beer. Liam scoffs.

"No one, just give me a beer." He opens it and I take it away from him. "What the hell?" He screams! I pull his arm and take him outside. "Liam, you're on a scholarship you can't be out here doing drugs, you need to focus." He scoffs. "Here," I say as I hand him my number on a piece of paper. He scoffs. "You're not my dad, get the hell out of my face." He screams and makes his way back inside.

I sigh. He's not the boy Emma described to me. I made my way back to his university and tried to figure out how bad Liam is doing in his studies. I don't have the heart to tell Emma that he's doing drugs. I went and talked to his advisor, it wasn't easy to convince him to tell me all about Liam's academics but at the end he told me.

Liam is failing all his classes and isn't going to any of his practices, he's in danger of getting kicked out. He hasn't even finished his first semester and he's already ruined his college and sports career. I make my way back to my car when I get a call.

"Yes?"

"Is this Damon?"

"Yeah, who's this?"

"This is Zane, Liam's friend."

"What's the matter Zane?"

"Liam isn't waking up." I gasp.

"Is he ok, what happened?"

"Just come please."

"On my way."

I ran to my car and drove back to Liam's house. I ran inside the house and I see the boys hovering over a passed out Liam. "How long has he been out?" I scream out and they all shrugged. I scoff and picked him up. "Where's his room?" They escort me to his room and I placed him on the bed.

I feel his pulse and its super fast. I grab him and decided to take him to a nearby hospital but one that they treat people under the bus. They treat him and after 20 minutes he wakes up. I stood up and he sighed. "Why did you bring me here?" I shake my head.

"You wanted me to leave you on the floor to die?" He chuckles. "No." I nod. "Don't worry I didn't call your mom, no one knows you're here." He nods. "Thanks Damon." I smile then sit down. "Now will you let me help you get back on track?" He sighs.

"Yes." I smile. "Good." That's when my phone goes off. I show him the screen and he gasps. "Don't tell mom I'm doing drugs or that I'm drinking." I nod. "Don't worry." I answer.

"Hey Emma."

"Have you found out about Liam?"

"Yeah don't worry, he's been out training, and studying Leía shouldn't have worried. He's already back in his dorm."

I then her Emma sigh in relief.

"Oh that makes me so happy, tell him I love him and that I am super proud of him."

"Of course Emma."

"Thank you so so much Damon."

"No worries Emma and call Leía I'm sure she will be happy to know Liam is ok."

"Yes I will. Oh and Damon tell Liam I expect to see him home for Christmas."

"Of course Emma, take care."

I hang up and Liam nods. "You heard what she said?" He nods. "Yes I will be home for Christmas and that she loves me." I nod. "Thanks Damon." I smile. "I went to talk to your advisor, and you have a lot of make up work." He nods.

"Now I can help you with all that but promise me three things." He sighs. "What?" "One, you leave all that crap and drinking behind. You can party but don't throw your life away just to fit in." He nods. "Two, you work your butt off to save your semester grades and go back to practicing." He nods.

"And lastly, talk to your sister. Don't ignore her, she loves you." He nods. "I guess I have been treating her like crap huh?" I nod. "Yes." He sighs. "I promise I'll talk to her." I smile. That's when his phone goes off. "It's my dad." I nod. "Talk to him, I'm sure he misses you." He nods.

He answers the call and they talk for a while. In the mean time I was calling out to some of my friends that can come and help Liam out with his school stuff. He hangs up and smiles. "Everything ok?" He nods. "Yeah I had missed talking to my dad." I smile. "That's good."

I then hand him a card. "Here are the numbers of some tutors, they will help you get back on track." He smiles. "Thanks Damon." I smile. "Of course, I'm here to help you." He nods. "Ok well I will come later tonight to take you back to your place, if you need help getting another dorm, let me know." He nods.

"Thanks Damon, you didn't have to do all this." I smile. "I know you're trying to look good in front of my moms eyes but I'm sorry to break it to you but she loves my dad." I sigh. "I know Liam, I'm not that type of man." He nods. "I'm Emma's friend that's it." He nods.

"Well I'll see you tonight." He nods. I get up and walked away. Even though I do find Emma attractive Liam is right. Emma loves Killian and I have no chance with her, and whether I like it or not I think she's pregnant. She hasn't said anything to me but eventually she will tell me, I know I'm right.

And besides, I guess it's better to be friends and besides I wouldn't want what happened with Elena to happen again with Emma. My heart wouldn't be able to handle that.