Too Late?

I know I'm supposed to be home but I had to come to the institution. Being at home reminds me way too much of Killian and I can't bear with those memories. It's been 3 weeks since I've heard any news from the plane disappearing. After I read the article online, a representative from the airline called me confirming that what the article said was true. That only broke my heart even more.

I don't want to lose hope that Killian is alive but everything happening around me is making me believe that he is indeed gone. I walk inside and I'm bombarded by all of my interns and coworkers. All wanting me to sit down and trying to send me home. It warmed my heart that they worried about me even after I treated them like crap.

That's when Lacy walks over to where I was at. "What the hell are you doing here Emma?" I smile. "I had to come, I needed some files and pick up some of my drawings." Lacy shakes her head. "You could have told me I would have brought them to you Emma." I half smile and nod. "I know." I say and she stays quiet and nods. She knew what I meant when I said I had to come.

"Where's Liam and Leía?" I smile. "Day care." She nods. "Ok everyone I'll take care of Emma, go back to work." Everyone nods and walks away. "It seems that you're the new Emma?" I say and laugh. She nods and laughs. "I guess I am." I smile.

We start to walk to my office and I sit down. "You ok?" I sigh. "I really needed those drawings, I need to occupy myself, I just can't being at home doing nothing." She grabs my hand. "I'm sorry Emma." I smile. "It's ok." She nods. That's when someone walks into my office looking for Lacy. "Hey I'll be back don't you dare go anywhere, you hear me?" I chuckle. "Yes boss." I say and she laughs. "Good." I smile and she walks out.

I sat back and looked at the office. I've had this office for as long as I can remember. They wanted to give me a bigger office when I became VP but I didn't want to. Too many memories of Killian and I were in this office. I tried to relax because any strong emotions can lead up to losing this baby.

I took a look at all my other work that was on my desk and started to organize it. I started to grab all my stuff I needed to take back home so I can work on. I put everything into my purse and that's when I start to look at my drawers. I unlocked the top one and I see a letter. My heart dropped, it was the letter Killian gave me before he left to New York.

I closed the drawer and opened the letter. Inside the letter was a drawing and a letter. The drawing seemed like a drawing Leía had drawn of all of us. I then went and unfolded the letter.

My Love,
I cannot express how sorry I am for the way I've been treating you and for what I did. Since you weren't answering my calls and I know you didn't want to hear my voice, I decided it was best to write to you. I know I have no excuse for what I did but I hope that you can forgive me. I love you so much and seeing Leía's drawing only reminded me of how blessed I am to have you as my wife and the mother of my twins. I love my family and I shouldn't have taken that job in New York. I was being selfish, I had everything I could ever ask for in California. I am planning on leaving the company once I come back from London. I don't care how long it takes for you to take me back I will never give up. I love you so much my love, I hope you can forgive me.
                                                            With Love,
                                                                      Killian

I put the letter up to my chest and bursted out crying. That only reminded me of the voicemail he left right before he crashed. Of course I forgive him, I did it right when I decided that I didn't want to divorce him but now it hit me that I forgave him too late. He didn't deserve this, I was being too hard.

If I would have known he was going to come home I wouldn't have filed for divorce, luckily I was able to cancel the divorce before it reached the ears of my in laws. I opened the drawer to put the letter in when I see the necklace. The necklace that his dad gave to me. I put it on and tears continued to flow down my cheek. I will never take this necklace off, no matter what. That's when I got an idea a brilliant idea.

As my mind is wandering around the idea that I had Lacy walks in and gasps. "Emma are you ok?" I nod. "I'm ok, I just it you're not busy can you ask all my interns to send me copies of whatever they're doing to my email, I'm going to check them from home." She nods. "Of course Emma, you going home?" I nod. "I'll see you tonight Emma." I nod. "Thanks Lacy." She smiles. I get up and she stops me.

"You're wearing the necklace?" I smile and nod. "Yes." She smiles. Lacy walks me to the car and I drive off. I went to my twins day care to pick them up. Once I picked them up I went and grabbed them some food and drove home. Once we got home I served them their food and I went and took out all my work stuff and put it on the dinning room table.

I took out my laptop and started to look for the airline representatives. Once I did that I went back to the room and looked at old files that Killian had brought from New York. I looked it over and I found Killian's old boss' number. I screamed and smiled like crazy. I walked back to the dinning room table and placed the file down.

I pulled out my cell phone and started to dial his number. He's going to help me find Killian, no matter how much and how long it takes. I will never lose hope. It's never too late to make things right, I will find Killian if it's the last thing I do.