Some Secrets Remain

I made my way home and I was just heartbroken. How am I going to drop the news that I have Cancer to Emma? We've been through so much that she doesn't deserve this burden. She deserves to be at peace and not be worried about me.

Lacy and I walked into the house and sat down in the living room. We were both just quiet. I was still devastated and in all honesty I was still debating on whether or not to tell Emma. I look at Lacy and she touches my arm. "You're doing the right thing, you are married to her, she's your partner, she needs to know." I nod.

That's when we hear the door unlock. My heart starts to race because I knew that it was Emma at the door. Emma walks in and she has the biggest smile on her face. I know that after I drop the news her smile will fade. "What are you two doing here?" She asks as she walks up to us. I look at Lacy and she nods.

I look back at Emma and sigh. "Love, I need to tell you something." She smiles. "No me first, I have amazing yet surprising news." I looked at Lacy and she shrugs. Emma grabs my hands and places them on her belly. "I'm pregnant." My heart dropped. I looked back at Lacy and her face went pale.

"Isn't this exciting I mean I was a bit in shock when I found out and rather scared but now I'm thrilled," she says with a big smile on her face. I nod, she then hugs me. I hug her and my heart continued to break. Now more than ever she cannot know that I have cancer, how can she deal with being pregnant and me at the same time.

She backs away and then gives me a sad look. "You're not happy huh?" I smile and kiss her. "Of course I am love, I mean what a big surprise." She smiles and hugs me. "You weren't able to see Rhea as a baby but now maybe with this baby you'll be able to spend time with him or her." If she only knew that there might be a chance that I may not be here for that.

I smile. "We are going to be parents all over again Love." She nods then gasps. "So what did you have to tell me love?" I sigh. "Nothing love, just that I umm I'm a little anemic, so I have to take it easy." She gasps. "You went to the doctor?" I nod. "I knew there was something wrong, but you're ok right?" I nod. "Of course love." I hug her and Lacy shook her head.

"Hey so umm I have to get the kids," Lacy says and Emma nods. "Love how about you rest, and I go get us some food," I say and she nods. Lacy nods. "Lacy would you like to stay with us for dinner, you know since your husband hasn't been home?" Emma asks and Lacy nods. "Sure thanks."

"I'll be on my way to pick them up," Lacy says and goes outside. I make my way to the door and Emma grabs my arm and pulls me towards her. She then gives me a passionate kiss then pushes me against the couch. "Love, love I have to go," I say in between breaths. Emma smiles against my lips. "Just a quickie love." I couldn't help but continue to kiss her.

She takes off her shirt and starts to kiss my neck. That's when she starts to tug at my shirt and I stop her. "Love..." She sits up and gasps. "Love I'm so sorry, is this too much for you, I know you're a little sick." I laugh. "No it's not that," I say and she gives me a soft smile.

"I love you Killian don't forget that." I smile. "I love you too Emma." She gets up and looks for her shirt. I sit up and I fix mine. "Well love I'll be back." She nods. I make my way to the car and I find Lacy there waiting for me. "The hell Killian, why didn't you tell her?" I sigh. "How could I Lacy?" I sigh. "I'm expecting a child and I have cancer, she doesn't deserve to go through that."

I start to tear up and Lacy hugs me. I hug her and I bury my face in her neck. "Emma doesn't deserve this Lacy, she deserves to be happy during this time, so please keep quiet with this secret." She sighs. "Together we can find a way for me to go to the appointments without Emma finding out." She sighs.

"Killian she will find out eventually." I sigh. "I know but hopefully it's after the baby is here and she will just have to worry about the little one." She sighs. "Killian you're not going to die." "You don't know that, you heard the doctor, my type of leukemia is aggressive and the treatment will deteriorate me." She sighs.

"Ok fine Killian I'll keep quiet and help you out, but this will only hurt Emma more." I sigh. "I know but for now let her be excited for our baby, she deserves that." She then smiles. "And besides that remember the holidays are nearly here which means the twins will be coming down." I smile.

"That's right, they always make me smile." She nods. "Thank you Lacy for everything." She smiles. "Of course Killian."

Emma's POV
My emotions are everywhere. One second I'm scared the other I'm happy. I forgot this is how being pregnant feels like. Killian seemed happy when I told him but I'm happy to know that it's just anemia what he had. I mean it's still bad but from the state I saw him in I thought it would be Cancer. And since he didn't tell me anything I know it's not that.

I start to set up the dinning table and felt like I should let more light into the house. I open the curtains and I see Killian and Lacy talking. That's when Killian hugs her. I quickly close the blinds and leaned against the wall. I peek again and they were still hugging.

Why are they hugging? Killian can't be cheating on me with Lacy right? I shook my head. Stupid pregnancy hormones and emotions. She's my best friend and she's married, she wouldn't do that to me. Although I have noticed that they have been spending more time with each other.

Well I mean she is friends with him too, I shook my head and smiled. There's nothing to worry about, the only thing I have to worry is about the fashion show and being healthy for this baby. That's when I remembered that my Leía and Liam will be coming home soon and we will all be reunited.

I can't wait to let them know that they will be having a little baby brother or sister. I looked up and smiled. Don't worry Aaron if I have a little boy I will not replace you, but he or she will honor you my little baby.

That's when my phone goes off and it's Leía. I smile as I answer.

"Leía, sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm good, but I'm worried about Liam." I gasp.

"Why?"

"Please don't tell dad, I know he's going to worry."

"Leía what's going on?"

"I haven't seen him in two weeks mom, I mean I know he ignores me here at the university but I haven't seen him mom, and I'm scared because he's always partying." I gasp.

"Don't worry sweetie, I won't tell him anything just be careful."

"I love you mom."

"I love you too Leía."

I hang up and I sigh. I touch my belly and tried to relax. I don't want what happened with Aaron to happen with this baby. Liam is fine, he's just out partying. Every college kid does that. I did that, Killian did that. But Leía has never lied to me although she does worry a lot. 

I don't know how but I have to find out what's going on up there. I feel guilty not telling Killian anything but it's best that he doesn't find out anything. If he does find out he will get more sick and now more than ever I need him at my side.