Escape

This gunshot wound is getting worse and worse with each passing day. Regina has been taking care of it to the best of her ability but I don't know how much I can take this. I've been noticing that Gold and Peter have been having a lot of disagreements and they haven't been cautious in where they leave their keys.

I'm standing by the cell bars when they walk out. I tried to reach for the keys and failed to grab them. They fall and I gasp waking Regina up. "Killian what are you doing?" "Shhh, I'm trying to get the keys." I say and she nods. I sigh. I can't get to them. "Here try this," Regina says as she hands me a pipe that was in the cell. I smiled and grabbed it.

I reached for the keys and grabbed them. "Yes," I said and that's when Peter and Gold walked in. Regina grabs the keys from me and hides them inside her shirt. They walk in and throw Thomas and Aaron on the floor. I look at Thomas and he's barely breathing. I look at Aaron and he's not moving at all.

"That's what's going to happen to you guys," Peter says as Regina and I sat there quietly. Gold walks over to the cell and scans our cell. "Where are the keys?" He asks and Peter searches his pockets and shrugs. "Killian has them," Gold says and I gasp. "No I don't," I say and he laughs. Peter opens the door and searches me.

"Search Regina," he says and searches Regina but doesn't check inside her shirt. "They don't have them," Peter says and Gold scoffs. "You are a complete idiot, go look for them," he says and they storm out. "Now is our best chance," I say as Regina hands me the keys. I unlock the door and ran towards Thomas and Aaron.

"Thomas let's go dude," I say and he shakes his head. "Leave me," he says and I shake my head. "Go, save yourself, go back to your wife and kids." He says and I sigh. "Killian..." Regina says with a sad face. "What?" "He's gone," she says and I gasp. "No!" I screamed. I go and check his pulse and I start to cry. I held his little body against mine.

"He didn't deserve to die," I said and she nodded. That's when we hear noises. "Killian let's go," Regina says and I help her up. I then walked over to Aaron and picked up his body. We look up at the door and see it open. That's when we see Ruby walk in. "Dad!" She screams and Regina hits her and grabs her before she could fall. She ties her up, gags her and we walk out of the room.

We start to walk towards the back of the place and we find a door. We quickly walked out and ran into the jungle. We had to find a way off the island. That's when we hear alarms go off. We start to run but I'm losing strength because of my shoulder. We continued to run and we came across a cave. We quickly walked inside and sat there to catch out breaths.

I look down and I see Aaron's face. My heart broke seeing his face all bloody and I could totally tell he was crying. I hugged him. "He called me his daddy and I wasn't able to save him Regina," I said and she grabbed my hand and sighed.

"I'm sorry Killian, but this wasn't your fault it was Gold he still can't get over what happened years ago." I nod. "We have to bury him." I say and she nods. We waited an hour till we walked outside to start digging. We started to dig and I placed him inside. I didn't want to let go of him but I had to.

"Killian..." Regina says and I nod. I caress his face and kiss his forehead. "Rest in Peace little one." I said and continued to cry. I got up and I stared at his little body inside the grave. "Goodbye Aaron, daddy will miss you." I say. After 30 minutes we fill in the grave. I sighed as we walked back into the cave.

Regina had gathered some branches and we started a small fire by the entrance of the cave. I sighed as I stared at the fire. I was losing hope with each day and I honestly felt like breaking down. A tear rolled down my cheek and Regina leans against me. I hug her and she sighs. "How are we getting off this island?" I shrug. "I have no clue." She sighs.

"Maybe we can search the island and see if we can find an airplane or a boat by the shore." She nods. She then sits in front of me. "I have a feeling we won't be able to go back home." I sigh. "Don't say that Regina, we will." She snaps. "How can you be so damn optimistic Killian, you're in so much pain yet you don't want to admit that we are going to die on this freaking island." I sigh. She starts to burst into tears.

"Im not being optimistic, I have honestly lost all hope but I keep fighting, because I would rather die fighting then die because I gave up." She buries her face in my chest. I caress her head and she hugs me. "I know Regina, it's ok at least we have each other." She leans back and I caress her cheek. She smiles as I wipe her tears.

She then leans and gives me a kiss. I gasp as I backed away. "I'm so sorry Killian, I..." I nod. "It's ok, I get it." "Killian I've always loved you, and it pains me to see you like this, I would rather see you with Emma than here in this state." I sigh. "Regina I..." She puts her finger on my lips. "Shhh I know you don't love me and you love Emma but please stay at my side." I nod. "Of course." She hugs me and that's when we hear some noises coming from further inside the cave.

"What was that?" Regina asks and I shrug. I grabbed a piece of wood to make a small torch and walked inside. Regina was walking right behind me. That's when I hear Regina grunt and she falls. I turn around and before I knew it I black out.

I gasp as I sat up. I looked around and I was in a small room. I looked over and I see Regina laying in another bed. I see my wound and the bullet is out and I'm covered in bandages. That's when a woman appears from out of the shadows. "Who are you?" I ask and she smiles. "My name is Tink, and I'm here to help you."