Unexpected Arrival

2 years later
Life has been great. I married Killian 2 years ago and we have been loving the married life. I am honestly blessed that I have an amazing man at my side. The only thing that has made all this better is the fact that we are expecting a little one. I never thought that I was going to get married never the less be a mother.

Now that I'm pregnant it's such a hassle to be working and be huge as can be. My respects to all the women who are super pregnant and working. I'm nearly 9 months so this means that my little one, my little Leía should be arriving within the next couple of weeks.

As I'm sitting down responding back to a couple of emails, I feel something that I should not be feeling right now. I look down and I see water going down my legs. My water broke and I'm in my office alone. I dried my legs and tried to dry my dress but it was still wet as can be.

"Killian, Killian!" I scream. "Killian!" I screamed again but there was no response. I get up and walk out of the office. I walk up to my secretary hoping she knows the whereabouts of Killian. "Ashely have you seen Killian?" She shakes her head. "Ok thank you." She nods and gives me a weird look. "What's wrong?" I ask. She squints her eyes. "Are you ok?" "Yes of course." Of course I wasn't ok, I'm in labor but I needed to find Killian first.

She nods and smiles. As I'm walking away I was thinking where the hell Killian could be at. I walk around the institute and he's no where to be found. I'm getting contractions like crazy and not finding Killian isn't helping. I rub my belly and half smile. Oh my little one I am going to kill your father if he doesn't show up any time soon. I feel like my legs are going to explode.

I didn't know why I was feeling like this. With each step I took, I felt like my body wanted to give out. I'm starting to feel dizzy. That's weird I'm supposed to feel pain not dizziness. I walked up to the deserted part of the institute and stopped behind some file cabinets. I wasn't feeling good and no one was around to help. In a matter of seconds, I fall on my back and start to see black spots. No I can't faint, my little girl. That's when my eyes close and my body completely gives out.