Heartbreaking Decision

I asked Lacy if she could take care of the kids today because I was going to do something that would change my life forever. I get to my house and I sat down in my dinning room table. I pulled out a bottle of wine and took out the envelope. I lit a candle and sighed. I stared at the bottle and poured some wine into a glass. I couldn't do this without drinking.

As I was about to drink, I remembered that I'm pregnant. I can't drink at all. I shook my head as I took out all the papers. "Petition to file a Divorce." I read on the top of the packet. That's when I bursted out in tears. I didn't want to do this but I had to do it. I took out each sheet of paper and started to sign each one.

I wrote down my conditions and everything that I wanted done out of the divorce. I signed the last sheet and that's when I bursted out into more tears. I put the sheets back into the envelope and placed them in my bag. I couldn't handle the heart break. As I was walking back I see our wedding album.

I picked it up and placed it on the table. That's when I hear the doorbell ring, it was the lawyer. "Good evening Miss Swan," she says and I smile. I went to grab the envelope and she opened them and gave me a copy of the packet. "I will let you know as soon as mister Jones signs and we will go on to the next step." Hearing her say that sentence killed me. I nod.

"Hope you have a good evening." I nod. "Likewise and thank you." She nods and I closed the door. I took the envelope and placed it in my bag. I walked back to the table and stared at the album. That's when I opened it and my were my tears not stopping. Picture after picture were killing my soul. Why did he do this to me? We were so happy here, did me dying and coming back to life change him. Was I actually dead and this was my nightmare? Am I dreaming? I had no explanation to what was going on.

I see one of us kissing and I pulled it out from the album. I immediately threw the album across the room and I started to throw everything. I was in so much pain. My fear of being alone is coming true. I screamed and screamed. I sat down against the fridge and was crying.

That's when I see the candle lying on the floor by the bottom cabinet. I stare at it and Im just staring at the flame. I was just mesmerized by the flame. That's when I see a picture flipped over. I grab it and flipped it over. It was the picture of Killian and I kissing during our ceremony. I looked at the candle and then the picture.

I put the picture close to the flame and it caught fire. I got the metal trash can and waited for it to turn to ashes. I see the picture slowly turning black along with my heart. The flames slowly consumed the picture and it turned to ash as it fell into the trash can. I pulled my legs against my chest and was just sobbing.

That's when I hear the door bell ring. "Go away." I yelled. I heard the door bell ring again and that's when the door opens and I grabbed a glass and threw it at the door. "The hell was that Emma?" I hear someone say and I look up and it's Lacy.

That's when she gasps and runs to my side. "Oh my best friend what happened?" I'm balling like crazy as she embraces me. "I can't anymore, I can't do this." She caresses me. "What can't you do?" I point to my bag. She goes to my bag and gasps when she reads what's inside the envelope.

"Emma!" I nod. "You can't divorce Killian, you love him." I continued to cry. "I do love him with all of my heart but I can't, he slept with Ruby, Lacy." She nods. "How about you take a nice and cool bath, you have to think of the baby." I nod. That's when she helps me up and I start to make my way towards the restroom.

"Emma did you drink?" She asks holding a bottle of wine. "I wish I had." She shakes her head as she's picking stuff from the floor. "Oh my sweet Emma." She says and sighs. I then walked over to my bedroom and got into my bath robe. That's when I hear the water running.

I walked out and Lacy was there waiting for me. "Now get in." She says and I nod as I hand her my robe and got in. I laid back and sighed. "Emma, I was coming to see if you were ok, man I'm happy I came." I smile. "Where are the kids?" She smiles. "At home with my husband." I smile. "I hope he's ok with them." Lacy smiles. "He'll be fine, anyways he needs the practice for when we have kids someday." I smile.

She starts to wet my hair then massages it. I smile. "I remember when I did this to you after you lost your baby and husband." I said and she nods. "Yes and we promised each other to be there for each other no matter what." I smiled. "Emma please try harder, don't give up on your marriage." I nod. "I have to divorce him Lacy, he hurt me." She sighs.

"Yes but remember Emma, we all make mistakes, that's how life is. Life never goes as planned. And I mean you can forgive him just let him know that he has to earn your trust and it won't be easy but that's better than throwing everything away." I nod and sigh.

"I guess you're right." She smiles. "It just makes my blood boil that Ruby slept with my husband, my best friend, my love and he made love to her, like what the hell?" She nods as she continues to massage my hair. "Hey who knows, maybe Ruby is one of those skanks who is tricking Killian and making him believe that he slept with her when he really didn't." I sighed.

"I guess." She smiles. "Please relax it's not helping the baby." I nod. "Talk to Killian and let him know about the baby, maybe you're little one came to save you both." I smile. "Oh I didn't think about it that way." She smiles. "I'll be outside cleaning up." I sigh. "You don't have to do that." I say and she smiles. "Shut up and relax." I scoff as I sat back.

After a couple of minutes relaxing I walked into my bedroom and changed into my night gown. I walked out and Lacy had picked up the mess. "Thank you Lacy, you shouldn't have." She smiles. "Shut up Emma, Im always here to help." I smile. "Ok so I will keep the twins tonight, you get a good night's sleep and go back to work as the new Emma, not that mean heartless one ok?" I scoff.

"You hear me?" I scoff. "Yeah yeah." She smiles. "Ok then." She says and hugs me. "Thanks again." She nods. "Take care sis." She says and walks out the door. I go to lock it and walked to my room. I sat on the bed and stared at my phone, hesitant on whether or not I should call Killian.

I get a burst of courage and grabbed my phone, that's when I see I had a voice mail from him. I sigh when I hear it. He's off to London, damn that's right I forgot about that. Gosh I've been in such a bad mood I forgot about that event. Well hopefully when he lands I could talk to him and figure things out.

I laid down and started to think of ways to tell him that I'm expecting his third child. I couldn't help but think of scenarios of how he will react. Will he be thrilled or angry? That's when it hit me, the divorce papers. I called my lawyer but she wasn't answering. Well I'm pretty sure she hasn't submitted them in so I can wait till tomorrow to fix that issue.

Sure enough, sleep was getting a hold of me. As each second passed my eyes were getting heavier and heavier. About a minute passes by and I slowly fall into a deep sleep.