Hurt Once Again

I stood there holding the gift near my broken heart. "Love I can explain." He says once more and I shook my head. "Emma this isn't what it looks like." He says and I stood there quietly. "You done it this time Killian." Lacy says and Killian sighs.

"Son we raised you better than this, how could you do this?" My mother in law says with tears in her eyes. "You have a loving and amazing wife, two wonderful kids, us, friends that adore you and you threw it away to be with some woman?" She says again and Killian sighs.

"Please let me explain." Killian says in a mad tone. Lacy scoffs. "The picture was pretty clear Jones." She says and I was just quiet. "I was drunk ok and..." He says as I closed my eyes and sighed. "Ruby kissed me first and well.." He said and I closed my eyes again.

"Enough." My mom says. "Please Emma I don't love her, you have to believe me." He says as he reaches for me. I back away and he again reaches out for me and I pull away and slap him. It hurt me to do that but I had to. "I'm sorry Killian, I can't..." I say and he nods.

That's when the kids start to cry. "Why did mommy hit daddy?" Liam cries out. My heart broke, this isn't what I wanted to go through this Christmas. My mother in law quickly walks over to them. "No there was a mosquito on daddy's cheek so mommy hit him." She says and he nods. "How about we go to to your room and play with yours and Leía's toys?" She asks and they nod.

They walked over and I looked at her and nodded. "Thank you." I mouthed. She nodded. "Emma.." Killian says and I back away. "Brennan I am so sorry, I.." I say and he raises his hand. "It's ok, I understand." He says and I nod. "I'm sorry will you all excuse me, I'll be back." I say and everyone nods. I walk to my room and I shut the door and busted out crying.

He did it to me again, AGAIN!! I have been nothing but faithful and understanding. And I was going to share my surprise now I'm doubting on whether or not I should. That's when Lacy opens the door and hugs me. "Oh my best friend I am so sorry." I nod. I sit up and I take the gift.

"Lacy, Im not only hurt because of that but because of this..." I said and pulled out the gift. She gasps as I pull out a little onsie with "Baby Jones" engraved on the top part of it. "Are you serious Emma?" I nod and started to cry. "Yeah I was going to surprise Killian and you guys today but..." I say and she hugs me.

"Oh my dear Emma." She says and I continue to cry. "I'm not going to tell him Lacy, he doesn't deserve it." She nods. "I understand but I mean he is the father Emma." I nod. "I just can't right now, I'm too hurt." She nods. "He slept with Ruby, Lacy!" I scream and she nods. "Am I that horrible?" She shakes her head.

"I know I was a very mean woman back in the day but I've tried my best to change." She hugs me. "Maybe I do deserve this." I say as I fold the onsie and put it back in the bag. "No you don't Emma, you don't deserve this. You deserve the world." I smile. "You deserve to be happy and share the news of your pregnancy with the family, it's fine if you don't tell Killian but his parents deserve to know that they will again be grand parents."

I nod. "I will tell them later." She nods. "I will go back out in a little." I say and she nods. "I love you Emma." I smile and hug her. "I love you too." She smiles then walks out. I sit on the bed and caressed my belly. "Sorry baby, I guess daddy isn't going to be with us for a while." I say and laid down on the bed.

Killian's POV
"Son." My dad says and I am sad as can be. "I know dad." "I am very disappointed in you." He says and I sigh. His words cut right through my soul. My heart broke even more than the slap Emma gave me. "I'm sorry dad." He shakes his head.

"I can't wrap my mind around the fact that you're tearing your family apart." I nod. "Dad, I didn't sleep with Ruby well I don't think I did." I say and he scoffs. "It doesn't matter if you did or not because you shouldn't have been in that position in the first place." I nod.

That's when Lacy comes. I make my way towards the bedroom and Lacy stops me. "I can't let you go in there and see Emma, Killian." I scoff. "Why on earth not, she's my wife?" I say. She snaps. "You hurt my best friend, my sister, and she doesn't want to see you right now." I nod. "You screwed up big time Killian." She says and I sigh.

That's when my mom comes out and gives me the most disappointed look ever. "I'm going to say bye to the kids." I say and they all nod.

Emma's POV
I make my way outside and I see Killian saying bye to the kids. I know he loves them with all of his heart and he may love me too but this issue with Ruby has gone too far. I get to the living room and my mother in law hugs me. "I'm sorry Claire for slapping Killian." She nods.

"I understand." She says and I nod. I start to cry and she caresses my head. That's when Killian comes out. "I'll be leaving." He says and we all nod. "Emma," he says and gets close to me but I back away. "I love you Emma, I hope you can forgive me." I stayed quiet. He makes his way to the door.

"See you later son." His dad says and I knew he was going to get it later from his dad. Lacy opens the door and Killian walks out. Lacy checks and she gives me a nod. I sigh. Lacy walks over to her husband who is just sitting there shocked. "I am so sorry." I say to him and he nods.

"I want to give my gift now." I say and they all nod. I hand them the bag and they take out the onsie. They gasp. "Emma you're pregnant?" Tears start to form in my eyes as I nod. "That's what I wanted to share with all of you today and To Killian that I am carrying a little Jones." They smiled and hugged me.

"Oh sweetie and then this happens, oh this is horrible." Claire says and I half smile. "But please Killian must not know." They gave me a weird look. "I will tell him but not at this precise moment." They nod. "We understand and respect your wishes." They say and nod. "Well we are ecstatic to know that we will be grandparents again." Brennan says and I nod.

"When are you due?" Claire asks. "I believe around August or September." She smiles and nods. "I cannot wait." She says and hugs me. "Well we will be heading out now, thank you so much for having us we will see you all tomorrow." Brennan says. I nod and we all say our goodbyes.

Lacy along with her husband also say their goodbyes. "Emma are you sure you're going to to be ok?" I nod. "Yeah I'll clean up later today, I just need to go and check on the kids." She nods. I walk everyone to the door and then made my way back to the kids room. I get there and I see Liam asleep and he's hugging a little black bear.

Where did he get that? I looked over at Leía and she was laying there still awake but hugging a purple bear. "Sweetie where did you get those?" I ask. She smiles. "Daddy gave them to Liam and me." I gasp. "He did?" She nods. "Daddy said whenever we missed him, we need to hug our bears real tight and it will be as if we were hugging him." I gasp.

My heart dropped. That was the most beautiful thing ever, that only made this even worse. I look over at Liam and he was holding on to his little bear for dear life, which meant he misses his daddy a lot. I look over and Leía is hugging her bear and she's falling asleep. "I miss you daddy." She says as she kisses the bear and holds him close to her and then quickly falls asleep.

I go and kiss them on the forehead and walked back to my room. I sat down on the bed then laid down. My babies miss their daddy and with what he did today left me speechless. This was the cutest thing Killian has ever done but I can't help but feel extremely pissed. This could have worked but no he had to go and cheat on me.

I guess I deserved this after all, I was a mean and bitter woman I think all that is finally catching up to me. I should have just died all those years ago. I shook my head of those thoughts. How could I think like that? If I wasn't here I would have never met my twins.
I sighed as I caressed my belly. Or had the opportunity to carry another little one.

I sighed as I grabbed the blanket and covered myself. This wasn't the Christmas I was hoping for but tomorrow is a new day and I won't let anything take the joy away from me and my family.