Today was Supposed to be Special

I had told Aunt Lacy that I wanted to go home because today when mom and dad get home we are going to decorate the house and I wanted to get a head start. I was extremely excited so she agreed and besides she said that mom and dad were busy at the hospital so yeah.

We get home and I am excited as can be. We walk in as Ben holds the door for us 3. Aunt Lacy goes and puts Belle on the counter and I smile. "Look here Baby Belle, here is where we will all have Christmas together as one big family." Belle cooed and I smiled. Ben looked over at me and smiled.

"I know Belle will love it and it's her first Christmas so it has to be extra special." They both nod. "Ok well I want to surprise my parents and Leía and Liam when they get here so let's start to prepare the decorating." Ben nods. "You sure they won't get upset?" I shake my head. "No and besides we will all be here together when dad puts the star on top of the tree and then mom turns on the lights." He nods.

"Aunt Lacy take Belle out and let her see what we are doing." She nods. "Ok Ben let's take out everything from the boxes and place them on the couches." He laughs. "I know Rhea." I laugh. "I'm sorry Ben, I'm just really excited it's been a while since we've all been together and well I want everything to be perfect." He then walks over to me and hugs me. "It will." I blush.

"Let's get back to work," I say as I push him away. He laughs. Time passes by and it's night time. We had everything out and I was waiting for my parents and Liam and Leía to get home. "Aunt Lacy, why are my parents taking so long?" She sighs as she's rocking Belle. "It's not like them, I guess the appointment took longer than expected." I nod.

"Well how about I make some hot chocolate for us?" Ben and aunt Lacy nod. I was getting a little worried, those appointments don't take that long. I start to take the stuff out of the fridge when I hear the door open. I drop everything and ran to the door. I see Leía and I hug her she then hugs me but she didn't look happy.

"What's wrong?" I look back and I see grandma and grandpa. I gasp. "Grandma, Grandpa!" I scream and hugged them. They both had a sad look on their faces as well. I look at the door and there's no sign of mom and dad. "Where's mom and dad, and Liam?" They all stayed quiet. "Well, let's start decorating before they arrive..." My grandma talks to aunt Lacy and she gasps.

I stood there completely baffled. What the heck is going on? "Umm Rhea..." Grandma says as she walks up to me. I was fearing the worst, if my parents aren't here it's because of two reasons, one they died or two they have gone missing. "Sweetie your father...." I shake my head. "No I don't want to hear it." Ben comes up to me. "Rhea..." I shake my head.

"Rhea your father is dying." I gasp. "What?" My grandma nods. "He has cancer and he's at the hospital right now." I gasp. My heart breaks. I could only imagine how my mom is feeling and the fact that she's pregnant. "Is that where mom is, with dad?" They all stood quiet. "No sweetie your mother abandoned you, us." I gasp. "What?" She nods. "No grandma mom couldn't abandoned us, she was just here this morning, and she's carrying my little baby brother or sister." She nods.

Leía snaps. "That's not true Grandma, you drove my mother away." I gasp. "What?" My aunt Lacy gets up. "You did what?" She says as she makes her way to grandma. "Ok fine I lied, I thought she had hidden the fact that Killian had cancer and I drove her away." I gasp. "Grandma how can you do that?" She sighs. "And grandpa how could you allow this?" He sighs.

"You know mom can't be alone, she hates being alone that's one of her biggest fears." Tears began to roll down my eyes. "You drove my mother away, today of all days, how dare you," I say with anger in my eyes. Ben tried to grab my arm. "No Ben let me go, no one knows mother better than me, and you just sentenced my mother and my younger sibling to death." They both sigh. "This was supposed to be a fun day, dad was going to put the star on top of the tree, mom was going to connect the lights then we were all going to sit around the tree and drink hot chocolate."

I was just in tears. "I don't care if you're my grand parents but you pushed away the one woman I cannot live without and that's my mother," I say as I grimaced. "Sweetie..." "Get out," I say as they walked towards me. "Get out!" I scream as I'm crying. Ben comes and hugs me and I bury my face in his chest. "You heard Rhea, leave," my aunt Lacy says. She sighs. "This is our family," she says and I back away from Ben.

"Not anymore," I say and they both sigh. "Let's go," my grandpa says and they leave. I start to throw everything and my heart is breaking. I wanted today to be special and look what happened, my father is dying and my mom is missing. Ben then hugs me again and I just buried my face in his chest. He tries to calm me down and it works after a while.

I let go and he wipes the tears from my eyes. "Where's my mom?" "Damon went to go look for her along with Liam," Leía says and I nod. "Can I go see my dad?" Leía nods. "Let's go I'll drive," my aunt says and we all get in the car. My heart is breaking with each passing moment. We finally arrived to the hospital and we made our way inside.

Leía escorted us to the door and we walked in. My heart dropped seeing my dad laying there on the bed. I thought he was sick but just with a bug or something. I walked up to him and I was just in tears. "Please leave me alone," I say and everyone walks out. I grabbed his hand and he opened his eyes. "Rhea," he softly says. I smile. "Hi dad." He sighs. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sweetie," I say and I shake my head.

"It's ok dad," I say and he smiles. I kiss his hand as I sit down. "Daddy, you can't be sick." He sighs. "You're my dad, you're my super hero, you can't die daddy," I say and hugged him. He then caresses my head. "Daddy we were going to decorate the house," I say and he nods. He then scoots over and pats on the bed.

"Come here princess," he says and I nod. I then sit next to him and laid down. "I love you princess," he says and I nod. "I love you daddy." He smiles. "So did mom find out what she's going to have?" He smiles. "A little boy." I smile. "A baby brother." He nods.

"I'm sorry your mother left, but remember that she didn't abandon us Rhea." I nod. "Yes I know grandma did it." He sighs. "Rhea..." "Just hug me daddy," I say and he nods. "Whatever you say princess," he says and I curled myself next to my dad and held on to him for dear life. All I could think about as I was laying there was what did we do to deserve this?