Unexpected Bond

I get out of the car and I walk towards the garden. I see Killian there and I walk up to him. He quickly turns around and ignores me. I sigh. Of course he's still hurt. I walked over to the table and sat down. That's when someone places an iced tea in front of me. I look up and it's Regina, Killian's childhood friend. "Thought you might like an iced tea." I smiled and nod. "Thanks." I said as I took a sip of the drink.

"You guys got into an argument?" I looked up and gave her a weird look. "What, what are you talking about?" She laughs. "That's how he acts when he's upset or angry." I sigh and nod. "Yeah, we did have argument." She nods. "Don't worry he will get over it because he truly loves you." She says and sighs. I look down and sigh. She then grabs my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. That's when it hit me. This girl loves him. I could totally see it in her eyes.

"You love him don't you, Regina?" She looks at him and she nods. I smile. "Oh please don't give up on him Emma, he has suffered so much that's why he acts like that but I know he is deeply in love with you." I smile and I start to cry. It takes a lot for me to cry but for some reason the tears were just coming out like crazy. She hugs me and smiles. "Oh everything will be ok, and promise me Emma, promise me that you will make him happy." I smile and nod. "Thanks Regina." She smiles.

"Hey you want to go to the mall and hang out just us girls, no Killian, nothing?" I smiled and nodded. We went to the car and we drove away. We get to the mall and we start to look around. We were just laughing as we tried on some stuff and we were just having a grand time. We decided to just have a shot of tequila so we walked over to a bar and quickly sat down. Regina lifted her glass and I raised mine. "To the good life." I nodded and we drank.

She laughed. I gave her a weird look. "Is it weird that I'm craving a smoothie?" Regina says. I laughed. "We can go get one." She smiled. We paid our tab and walked off to a smoothie shop. We grabbed our smoothies and sat in the lounge area that was in the food court. I took a sip of mine and my was it delicious. I hate to admit it but I was having a great time.

"I haven't had this much fun in a long time." Regina says with a big smile on her face. I nod in agreement as I'm sipping my smoothie. "It feels good just hanging out and not worrying about my collections or talking about fashion." I say as I sat back. Regina laughs. We both just sat there smiling. "Wow you are so different from what I imagined you to be." Regina says. I smiled. "Oh really, how so?" She sighs.

"Can I be honest with you?" I nod. "Yeah sure." "Well since I first saw you on magazines I thought you were a mean and heartless person and I didn't like you I even hated you and when I heard that you got engaged to Killian well that made me hate you even more." I stayed quiet. "Yeah but seeing how happy Killian is with you, well it sort of calmed me down but after today, I am so happy to know that you aren't that person who I thought you were." I sat there quietly.

"Well Regina, I'm glad you feel like that, so how did you and Killian meet?" She laughed. "Ha, and we said we weren't going to talk about Killian and here we are talking about him." She said and we both laughed. "Well I met him when I was 8, I had just moved out here from Puerto Rico and I didn't have any friends at school and I was bullied for being the new kid you know and because my English wasn't that good. Well here's the story, one day I was being bullied for that and for my hair because apparently short hair on a girl doesn't look good. I was crying like crazy and Killian came and defended me and we became friends and we've been friends ever since." I smiled.

"Even back in the day he was an amazing guy." She laughed and nodded. "Yeah, but then he became a big flirt as I'm sure you already know." I laughed. "Oh yeah." She nodded then sighed. "Well then Milah came into his life and boy was he happy, he loved that woman so much and well you know what happened?" I nodded. "I was there for him through everything but then he became bitter and he left and I never heard from him." I sat there quietly. I felt so bad for lying to her and his family, I honestly think the reason why I was feeling bad was because I really want to be a part of this family.

"Regina did you ever tell him that you loved him?" She stayed quiet and then sighed. "No, I was too scared to tell him but now it doesn't matter now because well you're marrying him so..." She said. I stayed quiet and nodded. Man I can't believe I almost blew my cover, duh I'm engaged to Killian. "I'm so sorry Emma." I shake my head. "No, no its ok hey, you are Killian's best friend I will never take that spot away from you, and I think deep down he knew that you loved him." I said. She smiled. "You think so?" I nodded.

After the talk we decided to head back home. We headed back to the house and everyone was by the river, I even saw that Killian was there and he totally ignored me. It hurt that he ignored me but I can't blame him. He went to talk to Regina and they got on the boat and went fishing, I could see them smiling and having a good time. They rowed down the river to where I couldn't see them. That's when it hit. He deserved someone like Regina in his life. He deserved a good woman like her and not a hard to love woman like me.