Heartless Again

"You useless pathetic waste of existence," I scream out to one of my interns. "I said ivory for the fabrics not white!" I screamed. She closes her eyes and nods. "I am so sorry Mrs. Jones." She says and I snap. "Its miss Swan, Audrey, no go get the right fabrics and give them to Lacy she's waiting on you." She nods and walks away.

I look around and I see everyone staring at me. "The hell is everyone staring at, go back to work." I scream out and stomped my way back to my office. I slammed the door and sat on desk. It bugs me that no one knows how to do anything here. I sat back and tried to relax. That's when I felt a tug in my heart.

I never thought I was going to go back to being that mean and heartless boss but here I am. It's been nearly a month and a half since my incident with Killian and I have become someone that I don't recognize. I'm so heart broken that the only thing that makes me smile are my little ones and the one on the way.

That's when Lacy walks in. "Emma what the heck is going on?" I scoff. "What?" She sighs as she closes the door. "People are saying you yelled at Aubrey again and by the look on her face when she came to drop off the right fabrics it confirmed to me that you did." I chuckle. "People can't take a little scolding gosh." I say.

She shakes her head. "Emma this isn't the first time you do it." I ignored her and turned to my computer screen. "Emma it seems like you're going back to that old Emma." I chuckle. "I've always been like this." She gives me a straight face. "You know what I mean." She says and I scoff.

"Bug off Lacy." I say and that's when I felt like throwing up. I grabbed a trash can and hurled. She comes over to me and caresses my back. "You ok?" She says and I nod. "Yeah, I just..." She nods. "You can't be acting like this Emma, it's not going to help the baby." I nod. That's when I take out some pills to take away the nausea and placed them on top of my desk.

"I'm sorry Lacy, it's just..." That's when a knock interrupts us and in walks Jenny my secretary. "What the hell do you want Jenny, can't you see I'm busy." I scream. She nods. "It's ok Jenny what's up?" Lacy says and I scoff as I sit back. "Umm your husband is here and wishes to speak to you." I scoff. "Tell him I'm busy." I say and Lacy scoffs. "Emma!" "What?"

I get up and grabbed a towel to clean my mouth. I threw it to the side and sat back down. "Fine, let him in." She nods and Lacy smiles. "You guys need to talk more." I stayed quiet. He walks in and smiles. Lacy walks over. "I'll leave you two." He nods and Lacy walks out and closes the door behind her.

I look at my computer screen and clicked away. "What do you want Jones, I am extremely busy." He smiles as he sits down. "Oh come on Emma, I was your assistant once, I know you're not that busy this time of year." I scoff then turn to him.

"What do you want?" He sighs the stares at the bottle of pills. "Emma are you ok?" I nod. He grabs the bottle of pills. "Are you sure?" I scoff. "Don't pretend to worry about me." I say and grabbed the bottle. "You're looking pale Emma, please I need to know you're alright." I snap.

"Damn it Killian I told you I'm fine." I say and get dizzy. I sat back and rubbed my temple. "Seriously Killian, what do you want?" "Emma I miss you, I miss being home with you and the kids." I scoff. "You should of thought that before you went into bed with Ruby." I say and he sighs. "Emma you know that I didn't sleep with Ruby." I chuckled.

"No you said you think you didn't, and you shouldn't even have been in that position in the first place Killian." He sighs. "Emma I love you please." I stayed quiet and that's when someone walks in and I see that it's Jenny. "What the hell did I do to deserve such an incompetent secretary who doesn't know how to knock or use the phone, what do you want Jenny?"

Killian gasps. "Day care called they need to talk to you and if you could sign some papers." I nod. "Thanks now go away." I say and she closes the door. "Emma why did you snap like that?" I scoff. "You're acting like your old self Emma." I chuckle. "I've always been like this." He shakes his head. "No you're not like that, you were nice what happened?" I laugh. "You cant tell me how to act." He gasps. "I'm your husband." I laugh. "Not for long." I say under my breath. "What did you say?" I smiled.

"I need to go to the day care to sign those papers." He nods then hands me a letter. I gave him a weird look. "Please read it." I nod as I gave the letter a dirty look and placed it on my desk. I get up and he stands up. "Well I'll go with you and say hi to our kids." I nod.

I really hate this situation but I didn't have no other choice. As we were walking I looked back at Killian and he had this heart broken look on his face that just killed me. I couldn't believe this was happening. Killian once stood at my side and we fell in love and now he stands at my side both heart broken, not knowing what's in store for us.

We get to the day care and I right away walked into the office and started to sign all the paper work. I looked into the play area and I see Killian playing with the twins. Boy did that melt my heart. Even though he cheated on me he has been an amazing father. I caressed my belly and sighed. How I wish I could tell Killian about the baby but I don't want him near me.

A couple of minutes passed by and he comes out. "It was good to see the kids and you." I stood there quietly and nodded. "Well good day Killian, I have to go." He grabs my hand and pulls me close. "Please Emma, I want to come home." I couldn't help but stare at his eyes. Those were the eyes that I fell in love with. I pushed him away and scoffed.

"You can always come home Killian, you can be with your kids, you just can't be with me." I say. He closes his eyes and nods. "Well I love you Emma, don't you forget that." I nod. He then walks away and leaves me standing there. I walk back to my office and my heart is breaking. I'm so hurt but I can't let it affect my mood.

I see the letter Killian gave me and I put it inside the drawer. I closed it and locked it. I sat back and that's when I hear the door knock. I sighed. "Yes Jenny?" "Your Lawyer brought this." She says as she hands me an envelope. "Thanks." I say and she walks out the door. I sat there and stared at the envelope. I put the envelope in my bag and continued to check my emails on my computer.