Promotions and Interns

"Good job on your presentation Emma." August says as he shakes my hand. "Thanks Boss." I reply and he sweetly smiles and walks out of the conference room. I grabbed all my stuff from the presentation I just presented and walked out of the conference room.

"Well you sure impressed our handsome and moody boss." Lacy says and smiles. I nudged her and laughed. "I did work hard on that presentation so I believe I deserved his approval." She glares at me with an annoyed look on her face. "Seriously Emma?" She says. "What?" I say in a confused manner. "Oh come on I know he was impressed and he was all smiley and lovable with you, don't tell me you didn't like that?" She says. "No I didn't." Lacy scoffs. 

"Oh come on Emma, are you serious about making all this just work?" I smile. "Lacy you know me far too well to know that I love my career and that's one of the most important things in my life and it's my priority." She sighs. "Oh yes Emma, so you're a 26-year-old professional with no hopes in having a boyfriend till you're 40?" I nod. "Yup that's me." I say. "Girl you can't hide or part away from it, when love comes and finds you it will take you by the neck and drown you." She replied. I laughed. "I will simply make a floating device and swim away from Love." She shakes her head. 

"Oh my dear Emma, you are a lost cause." She says in a sad and concerned tone. "Ever since Neal broke your heart when you were 20 you haven't let that fear and anger go huh?" I scoff. "Look Lacy I love you but falling in love and all that dumb concept and false realities of what love is, it just has no room in my life ok?" I say in an enraged tone. 

"Ok ok but please friend don't wait too long and don't be so closed up. Watch one day a man will come and he will sweep you off your feet and he will be amazing but you will lose him because you either pushed him away or you were too scared to admit that you could be happy with him." "Enough I don't want to talk about this." I screamed and everyone turned to us. "What?" I said and scoffed at everyone. "What are you guys doing staring at me, none of y'all are getting paid to watch me." I reply in an angry and annoyed tone. They all scoff and go back to work. Lacy sighs. 

"Let's go get lunch then go to the workshop and check on the designs for next months' issue." I say and she nods. "I like the sound of that." I smiled. I loved Lacy dearly and she's the only that puts up with my attitude and my outbursts of rage but it annoys me that she's constantly bugging me about finding love.

I went and dropped off my stuff from the presentation on my desk and we went to grab some lunch. We arrived to our favorite Mexican grill restaurant and ate lunch. "I'm so nervous Lacy, I hope they approve of my work." Lacy smiles. "I think they will, you are awesome." I smile. "Yeah and your dream of not only being a fashion designer but the head will come true." She says and I nod. 

One hour later we came back from our lunch break and we walk into the work shop and there is a man and a woman standing there as if they were waiting for us. I look at Lacy and she gave me a confused look. August walks in and smiles. "Ah Emma, Lacy meet your new interns Killian and Joy." "Interns?" I say in a confused manner and I give them both a dirty look. "Dibs on Killian." Lacy whispers to me and I laugh. I honestly wasn't paying attention to her or the interns. "Yes Emma, interns, we had already hired them to help out but since you and Lacy will be busy on this year's end of the year issue I have assigned them to help you with the monthly issues and day to day thing." 

We both smile super big. "Wait you mean?" I say and smiled. "Yes the committee loved your idea and we put you in charge and since Lacy is like your right hand man," he says and winks, "she will be working alongside you for this project and the ones that come along with the promotion." August finished with a big smile on his face. I smiled, Lacy and I hugged and screamed. We were so happy. "Thank you so much boss." I say. "No, no more boss, just August." He says and hands me a set of keys. "Keys to yours and Lacy's new offices, you got the promotion Emma, you are now the head of design of this Fashion Institute." I smiled like never before. 

"Thank you so so much." "Lacy, Emma is your new boss." He says to Lacy and she smiles and nods. "Ok as for your interns." He says and looks down at his folder. "Killian you are Emma's intern and Joy you are Lacy's intern, now chop chop off to work because you girls are going to spend a lot of alone time with your interns." He says and walks away. "Man I wanted Killian." Lacy whispered to me and I laughed. "Girl they are just interns." She smiles. "And see what did I tell you that hard work does pay off in the end and you were blessed and became my right hand man." I said and Lacy nodded.

We turned around and we see our interns just standing there. "Killian, Joy nice to meet you." I say as I shake their hands. As I'm shaking Killian's hand I could feel something in my stomach. He has these gorgeous blue eyes and a huge smile, he's tall with black hair and oh my gosh was he handsome no wonder Lacy wanted him to be her intern. I hadn't paid attention and boy did he have my attention. I cough and shook off these weird thoughts and feelings. 

"Delighted to meet you boss." He says with a smirk and I scoff. "Yes of course, well no time for chit chat we must start to work." Lacy and Joy went downstairs to get the sample fabrics for the collection as I went and gave my intern a tour of the institution.