Goodbye California, Hello New York

The dreaded day finally came. It was Thursday which meant that my love is going to go to New York to go work. We decided that once every two months we will go and visit him on a specific weekend and he will visit any weekend possible. It was hard but it worked for the both of us.

Killian's parents along with the kids and I took Killian to the airport. The whole way there my heart was breaking. We finally arrived and we all got off. We walked into the terminal together for one last time. I know I sound all dramatic but this is extremely hard.

Killian and I were holding hands and he had Liam on his left while I had Leía on my right. We get to security which meant it was our cue to leave. Killian kneeled down to Liam and Leía's level. "Liam Leía, promise you will be good to mommy ok?" They nod. He then kisses their foreheads and they hug him. "I will miss you daddy." Liam says not wanting to let go. Leía bursts into tears. "Daddy don't go." I gasp.

Leía barely talks and look she's talking now. He hugs them both. "Don't worry daddy will be back real soon." He let's them go and says goodbye to his parents. He then walks over to me. "I know this will be hard my love but it will be worth it." I nod. He caresses my cheek and smiles.

"I love you." He smiles. "I love you too." He leans in and kisses me. We kiss and I could tell he didn't want to let go. We let go and our foreheads touch. We stayed like that for a good minute. "Be careful love." He nods. He caresses my face and smiles. My father in law hands him suitcases and off he went.

We all waved goodbye. Liam and Leía were both crying and my in laws held them trying to calm them down. I was honestly happy for him I just hope nothing happens to him over there.

Killian's POV
It killed me to leave my family behind but I had to do this. I will be able to provide more for my family and be a successful business man. I board the plane and the plane quickly took off. After two hours I arrived to New York City. I walked out of the plane and went to the baggage claim. I grabbed my suitcases and made my way to the exit.

I get to the doors and I see a woman holding a sign with my name on it. What on earth? I walked up to her and she smiled. "Killian?" I nod. She puts the sign down and smiles. She extends her hand. "Pleasure to meet you I am Ruby, I will be your partner." I shake her hand and gave her a baffled look.

She laughs. "Peter did tell you that I was going to work alongside you right?" I laughed. "Can't say that he did." She laughs. "Well don't worry I'm sure he will explain everything when we get to the office." I nod.

We walked outside and there was a limo waiting for us. "He wanted to receive you with the upmost commodity." I laugh. "Sounds like Peter." She nods. We got into the limo and made our way to the company.

"Killian I am so happy that you're here, I'm sure you will be able to lift Peter's spirit." I smile and nod. We get to the company and we walked up to the office. She opened the door and Peter quickly got up and walked over to me. "Son it's so good to see you." Likewise I said as we hugged.

"Please sit sit." I nod and sit down alongside Ruby. "I see you've already met Ruby." I smile. "Yes I did." Ruby smiled. "In order for you to take over you will have to work alongside her." I nod. "It's not that I don't trust you because I do, she's more familiar with everything that we are doing now and well you're familiar with the rest." I nod. "She will be your partner and you guys will be managing the company."

"Ok." He nods and takes out a contract. He hands Ruby and I a pen. "Sign there and there." We sign. "Initials there and there." We wrote our initials in. He flips to the end. "Last signature there." We both sign. "Ok from this day on you and Ruby will be the owners well your the head and Ruby is your right hand woman." Ruby smiles.

"Well Ruby how about you go and show our friend around the company, give him a refresher." Ruby smiled. "I would be more than happy." I nod. "Well I'll leave you to it, I have a doctors appointment." He sighs and smiles.  "So good to see my beautiful children working together." I nod. He walks away and leaves Ruby and I alone in the office.

She gets up and sits on the side of the desk. "So Killian what exactly do you remember about the company?" I sigh. "Well it's been a while but of course I know we are a Magazine company, I clearly remember how to do all the paperwork." She nods. "What else?" "Well I know how to organize all the charity events, the  socials, I know who are company partners are and lastly our association with FA." She smiles. "Yes that's New and what a coincidence because that's where you used to work at."

I smiled. "Yes and that's where my wife works at." She nods. "Yeah that's right Emma Swan well Jones, she is a handful." I laughed. "That she is." I said with a smile. "Well lucky woman." I nod. She then got up. "Ok how about we go and explore the company, we need to show you our innovations." I nod.

Ruby smiles as we walked out. We started to walk down the hallway and she stops me. "Killian Im excited to be working with you I know we will be the best of friends." I smiled. "Yes I believe we will be." She then extends her hand. "Friends?" I smiled. "Friends." I said and shook her hand. "Ok let's go explore." I nod and smiled.