For Reals This Time

6 months later
It's been 6 months since I have been promoted to Vice President of our amazing FA institute. And to my amazing luck my assistant is my handsome fiancé Killian. It's been great being alongside Killian, I mean he's amazing. He's so understanding and we just get to know each other more and more. And of course fall in love more and more with each other.

Today is a big day because we are in Hawaii. Yup, since Killian and I are a couple a real engaged couple, we had to go back and explain everything. I am nervous because last time we came to Hawaii we lied to everyone about us being engaged. Well that's a whole different story now because now we are indeed engaged. I'm pretty sure it will be hard to be accepted by them again but I will try my best.

We get to his house and we are just sitting in the car nervous to go in. He kisses my hand and smiles. "You ready my love?" I nod. "Ok, lets go." I nod. We walk up to the door and before we knock someone opens it. "Killian, Emma welcome once again." Killian's dad says as he raises his glass of wine. We both smile and laugh.

We walk to the living room and everyone is sitting down, looking at us weird. His mom gets up and gave us a weird look. "Ok is this engagement real or not because I can't take another fake engagement." I show her my ring and she smiles. "It's real!" She yells and everyone claps. She hugs us and smiles. "Bless our dear Lord." I smile and nod. "Brunch time, everyone out to the garden!" His aunt Tracy screams.

His mom and dad asks if we can have a word with them in the study. We both nodded and all four of us went to the study. His dad sits down and puts his wine glass down on his desk and his mom stands next to him. "Please take a seat." He says. We quickly sit down and stare at each other. Killian grabs my hand and I held it tight.

"So...." He says. "So are you guys really engaged or is this a fake engagement like last time?" Killian's dad says. "No dad it's real, I promise." Killian says with a smile. "Mr. Jones, I mean Brennan?" He nods. "Please don't be mad at Killian, I had fault with the fake engagement idea, I just wanted you and your wife to be proud of your son because he is amazing and such a hard working man. He felt that if he wasn't engaged or wasn't married he would be a failure in your eyes."

His mom smiled. "Yes, but what was the letter and the note and all that commotion the last time you were here, were you two actually dating or what?" His dad asked. Killian and I looked at each other and laughed. "Mr. Jones, I am a tough and stubborn woman, it took me a lot to realize that I was madly in love with your son and it scared me so much that I had fired him so I wouldn't have to see him but of course he didn't agree and he annoyed me until I confessed that I do indeed love him and well yeah." I say with a smile.

"So were you guys a thing when you guys came?" His mom asked. We shook our heads. She nods. "I see." She says. "Wait if you weren't engaged you guys still slept together in the guest room?" She asks as her eyes shot open. We both laughed. "Oh mom, we never slept together, the only time we were together in bed is when you guys walked in. I would sleep on the couch and Emma on the bed." Killian said.

His dad laughs. "Oh seriously son?" He says. Killian laughs and nods. "Well I'm glad you guys are engaged for real, now the question when is the wedding?" His mom asks. "Wedding?" We both say in a confused manner. We have been so busy that we honestly haven't really set up an official date for our wedding. "Oh we haven't set a date but we will come up with it soon." Killian says.

His mom smiles. "Oh I can't wait." Brennan smiles. "Ok time for brunch." She says. I get up and Brennan asks if I can stay for a minute. His mom pulls Killian away and smiles at us. "Mr. Jones." I say. "No let's not be so formal, it's just Brennan." I nod. "I am so happy that my son has finally found someone who he will spend the rest of his life with, just like I mentioned before." He says as he pours more wine into his glass.

"You sure you love him Emma because you're not too late to back down." He says. I laugh and smile. "No Brennan, I love him with all my heart." He smiles and he opens his drawer. He takes something out and I see that's it a medium sized black box. "This has been passed down generations, it's a necklace, it used to be my grandmothers then it was my mothers then my wife's and now it will be yours." I gasp.

He walks up and puts the necklace around my neck. "It's a symbol in Hawaiian that means love, family and God forever." I take out a mirror and I see it. "It's beautiful." I say. He smiles. "I'm honored thank you sir, I mean Brennan but isn't one of your daughters supposed to get it?" I ask. He smiles. "I decide who gets it and who doesn't and you my dear Emma are the chosen one." I smile and he smiles back. "Ok off you go I'm pretty sure my son is eager to give you a kiss or something in that range." I laugh and nod. I get up and walk out of the study.

As soon as I walked out I see Killian leaning against the wall. He looks at me and gasps. "He gave you the necklace?" He asks with a smile. I smile and nod. He hugs me. "I guess you were the chosen one." I smiled. "Yes I guess I was." He caresses my cheek and smiles. "I love you Emma." I smile. "As do I Killian, I love you." I say. He smiles and he leans in and gives me a kiss.

As we are kissing we hear cheering. We turn around and we see the family clapping and cheering. I blushed and placed my head on Killian's shoulder. "Finally." Everyone said and we just stood there laughing.