Adapting To a New Life

Many many months later

It scares me that I have finally accepted that Killian is gone for good or I think I have, well I don't really know. I mean so much time has passed that I don't even know anymore. I mean Rhea is three years old, going to 4, the twins are finishing second grade and I have a nephew whom I adore so much. Ben, Lacy's little one.

And another person whom I have grown to love even more and is still at my side is Jesse. Everyone accepted him to the family, yet the only one who doesn't seem to like him that much is Rhea. Which is awfully weird because I thought Rhea would call Jesse daddy but she doesn't. I mean I told her that he isn't her daddy but I thought she was too young to understand but she's not.

Today is a typical workday. Jesse is at work at the hospital, the twins are at school and I was at home with Rhea. I decided to work from home and besides Lacy is at the institute so she keeps me updated. The only time I go is when we have a fashion show or when I need to conduct meetings with my people.

I was sitting down at the dinning room table designing when I see Rhea taking out her drawing supplies. Rhea looks exactly like me, except with blue eyes of course. She even inherited my love of drawing and of designing. "So Rhea what are you going to draw?" She scoffs. "Just wait until Im done mommy, I'll show you after then you can tell me if I did it right." I sat there quietly. The other thing she inherited from me was my attitude and I do not like it.

Minutes pass by and she calls out to me. "So mommy do you like it?" She asks as she hands me two pictures. One was of a bunch of drawings of skirts and dresses and the other had a lot of people on it like if it were of all of us. "Rhea explain to me what you drew." She smiles. "Mommy these are skirts and dresses, just like the ones you draw." She says with a smile on her face. I smiled.

"I love it." She smiles. "And what about this one?" She smiles. "That one is of all of us." I smile. "Who's there?" She smiles. "Well I drew Leía, Liam, Ben, you, me and daddy." I smiled. "You drew daddy?" I smiled. "Not doctor Jesse, my real daddy." I sighed. "See he even has blue eyes like me." I gasp, my heart dropped. "How do you know he has blue eyes, if I never told you." She smiles. "My daddy is just like me, and I know he will come back." I gasp.

How is my three year old this smart, like come on. There is no way she understands what is going on here but then again she is almost four and she's been such a chatter box since she learned how to talk so it doesn't surprise me. I looked at the time and gasped. It was time to pick up the twins from school. "Rhea go put your shoes on it's time to pick up your brother and sister." She nods.

I take the drawings and put them on the fridge. I kept staring at the drawing of Killian. She loves him even though she has never met him, I felt bad, but he's gone and Rhea will never meet him. I looked down at my wedding ring and sighed. Rhea comes with her princess doll. I grabbed my phone and keys and we made our way to the car. I strap Rhea in and I drive off to the school.

Once I picked the twins up I drove back home and prepared a little snack for them and Rhea. Once they ate, I was starting to prepare dinner, that's when I get a call from Jesse.

"Hey Beautiful."

"Hey."

"I just want you to know that I will be taking you out to dinner tonight."

I gasp. "What?"

"Yes so dress up, and be ready at 7pm."