He went over and sat on the edge of the bed.

"This is comfy," He said before lying back. He stared up at the dark wood of the poster bed with so many questions flooding his mind. "Vinny?" He questioned as the vampire came over and sat on the other edge. "Will we sleep in the same bed tonight?"

In all honesty, Vinny didn't really think about it.

"If you feel comfortable enough, then yes. But I can sleep on the floor if you still need time."

"I don't mind sharing. But are you okay with it?" Oliver sat up and crossed his legs.

Vinny got on the bed, before sitting in front of him and crossing his legs too.

"Yes," He said truthfully. When he thought about waking up next to him, his heart flustered. "I thought I would need more time to adapt but I got used to you pretty quickly." To Vinny, Oliver feels like he has been in his life for a lot longer than a day.

"It's strange, isn't it? This morning everything felt so weird but now it almost feels right to be here... kind of," He mumbled and watched Vinny shuffle closer.

"I feel the same way." He watched Oliver's big, beautiful eyes.

Oliver dared to look at him for a few long seconds before moving his gaze down to his hands. Once again, he found the vampires eye's so intense.

"So... the library is not on this floor?"

Vinny rolled his eyes before leaning forwards and gently pushing him, making him fall back against the bed.

Oliver chuckled.

"You'll have to draw me a map," He said and watched Vinny lie down next to him. Their faces were level with each other and they were close. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," Vinny's voice was melting him.

"I don't really know much about Vampires, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind um, talking about it," Oliver hoped it was okay to ask.

Vinny studied his face before sitting up and pulling himself to the top of the bed. Oliver did the same as they both leant their backs against the headboard.

"I don't mind talking about it," He said before clearing his throat. "You're probably wondering about things like fangs, blood and so on?" Oliver nodded. "I do have fangs but I very rarely show them. They come without my control when I'm angry, but other than that, I can choose to show them whenever I want." 

Oliver looked down to his mouth.

"Can I see them?"

Vinny allowed a little frown to appear as he thought about it.

"I don't want to scare you."

Oliver looked up to see the worry in his eyes. Why is it that he can read him so easily?

"I know I'm new to this soulmate thing, but I think it's pretty hard for you to scare me in any way," He was right, Vinny could be touching his neck with his fangs and Oliver still wouldn't feel frightened.

The vampire thought about it for a little longer before sitting forwards.

"Okay." He moved so he was sitting in front of his soulmate.

Oliver watched as he closed his eyes. It only took a few seconds until his eyes were back open but they looked different. They weren't chocolate brown anymore, they had a strong red tinge to them. Oliver could see the bottom of his fangs poking out from his top lip.

"Wow." He leant closer when Vinny opened his mouth for him to look.

His fangs were much longer than the teeth they replaced. They were pearly white, just like the rest of them. But they were wider and looked strong and sharp.

Vinny looked much more dominant to the human. It didn't scare him in the slightest little bit. He was more interested and wanted to touch them but he thought that might be a bit weird, so he didn't ask.

The vampire put away his fangs and crossed his arms again.

"So, about the blood," He said. "Once a year, every vampire needs to drink up to two pints of human blood. It's always from blood banks or willing donors."

Oliver nodded to show he understood.

"Why do you drink the blood?" He asked.

Vinny knew he was asking just out of interest and not out of disgust.

"Because our bodies crave it. from birth, our first drink is human blood. Nobody knows why, there are a lot of theories but nothing that can explain it with facts. Our bodies just need it." He liked watching Oliver's face when he spoke to him.

"What would happen if you saw an open wound when your body craved blood?"

"I have to admit, I would find it difficult to resist if it was human, but I would be strong enough to stop myself. I would never hurt them. I would never hurt you." Vinny's expression turned serious. "You have to know that whatever happens, I would not even think-"

"I know," Oliver interrupted. "Um, please don't worry about it. I know you'd never hurt me."

Vinny studied him for a moment longer.

"Thank you for understanding."

Of course, it was unusual for Oliver to be with a Vampire but he would fully accept everything about him because they are soulmates.

It's in their veins to love everything about each other.