46

"Kian get up." He's taking all the space on the bed and we need to make breakfast for mom and Grandma. Christmas was two days ago and I only have today and here.

I want to do something special for all that they have done. "Kian."

"What?" He turn,pushing my hand away.

"Get up,you promise to help me." I hit him.

"No..."

"But..Kian." I whine.

"Fine." He rise up and scan my room. His hair is messy and he's adorably cute. His morning voice,make me want to jump back on him,and replay what happened a few nights ago.

"I'll brush my teeth." He said,running his hands throw his hair.

Why can't we be one. I want him so bad,but we're just friends. I can't believe I allow someone to take my virginity like that.

Friends with benefits. That's what I've been thought. My mom would go crazy, losing my virginity, friends with benefit and gosh, I don't even remember telling her about that college rejection.

"What are you thinking about?" He exit the bathroom and started combing his hair.

"Nothing." I said. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

We tip toe into the kitchen and search for pots and such quietly. We're making toast with egg and bacon,and melted cheese with Milo.

...

We're just cleaning up and I have put ice on kian burn finger. I told him it's not a good idea,to put his hands in hot oil.

But boys are going to be boys.

"Mhmh,what's that smell?" I heard grandma and my mother,coming down the stairs. They enter the kitchen and Grandma face light up.

"Wow!" Mom look around.
"I was just about to make breakfast and surprise you guys but,I guess you beat me to it." She smile,admiring the food.

"Let me get a taste my sugar." Grandma said and I pass her the food.

She taste the eggs, "mh mhm mhm,this is wonderful. This breakfast makes me young again. When I use to throw it back in the club."

"Mother." Mom cleared her throat and started eating.

"Oh this is so nice." Mom said.

"Thank you." Kian smile and I elbow him.

"Thank you." I actually take the credit for this food.

"Well who ever,it's really nice."

I nod.April and Ryan walked in. They don't live here but they have a key so they walk in any time.

"Why so early?" I ask,cleaning the counter.

"This is the last day I'll spend with you,and I don't know when we'll see each other again." April said,basically sharing her own food.

"Oh." I smile.

We spend the day talking and laughing,playing games and watch granny show us how she use to back that ass up on grandpa.

"Ashley,can we talk?" Mom said. Since I'm here,it's just kian or April. I don't talk to mom.

"Sure." She drag me from the excitement of granny and Kian twerk off.

"So how's everything?" Mom ask when we were finally alone.

"It's okay,I guess."

"Anything? College?"

"Well." I scratch my head. "The School call and they inform me that uh,I'm not accepted."

"What I bet you work so hard." She said pouting. "Well what are you planing to do?"

"Search for college but that means that I have to move again."

"Oh,what about kian? Are you two doing okay?"

Well no,because we lie to everyone. He just took my virginity then back to being friends.

"Good."

"Glad to hear. Don't worry honey, I'm sure this will be different and you'll get through that, and also, I know you don't know yet, but,I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"I want you to meet someone."

"Someone?"

"He's going to be here soon."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"He?"

Ding dong !

"I guess right now." She hop up and run inside to the door.

"Act natural." She open the door.

A tall middle age guy is standing at the door with flowers. His arms are related to the gym and his hair is push back. The white top suck onto him and he a blue jeans.

"Jack," mom approach him. "Come in." He follow simple instructions.

"Jack this my daughter Ashley." I smile. "Ashley this is Jack....my boyfriend." She mumble the end.

"Boyfriend?"

"Yes." She said scared. Mom has a boyfriend? So she moves on?

"Oh." I look down. I want her to move on?yes, but where is dad?

"So what about dad?" I cross my hands.

"He uhn.." Mom sigh.

"What about him? Do you know if I am okay with this before going off, probably having sex with this old guy."

Mom gasp, "excuse me? I am not a child and I don't have to keep you update every second. Do you see me haunting you about you and kian's relationship? So stop it, now!"

I roll my eyes, I am not alright with this. I know I should be happy but I just can't. I need information about my father first.

"Well nice meeting you Jack." I frown and walk away. I'm glad she moved on,but where's dad. What's he doing,is he dead or alive?

"I'm leaving." I heard Jack said.

"No!" Mom shout.

"I told you,she wouldn't like him. I'm not her dad."

"She will,it's just sudden."

"I don't what to break her heart."

"Honey you won't."

"she just walk away."

"Just give her some time." I heard a kiss.

My name was called shortly after to join them in the living room. I stand and look at them.

"Sit." Jack said,in a strong tone and my attitude kick in.

"When I said show her...never mind. Honey please sit."

I laugh and sit. "I'm sorry about dad and but I need to move on." Mom explain. "We've been together a month before you left home and I really do love Jack. I understand if you're angry but.."

"I am not. I was thinking about some things."

"So you like Jack?"

"He's cool so far. " I said and he smile." Thanks for being with my mom." I thank him just to get over this quickly.

Kian walk in and Jack eyes fly open,staring his arm up and down.

"Oh that's kian,my son in law."

"Father in law." Kian said surprise.

"Step." I correct him.

"Oh step-father." He said "nice meeting you. Flatty we have to go pack." He told me and I glare at him.

Everybody has someone,except me.

We went upstairs and talk a few then bed.

Page 47