1

"Mom I'm about to leave!" I shout from downstairs.

"Wait!" she ran.

I put my weight on one foot and cross my arm. She is taking forever. I saw her running down the step, with a chain in her hand. "Here! This my lucky chain." She said, literally forcing it around my neck before I could even look at it.

"Mom!" I gasp for air.

"Please take care of it. Everything always go right with this chain." she said.

"Yeah right." I pick my bag up and head to my best friend's car, April.

"What do you mean yeah right?" Mom said. "You don't believe me. This chain is what I use to get back at your cheating stupid dad. How did you think I come by all this?" She point to our in between small and big house.

"Mom!" I said laughing.

"Bye honey." she said and I hug her and hop in the car. I look over to April who's into an ice cream she just bought.

She look over to me, as if she just realize I was in the car.

"You weirdo," I grab her Ice cream. "Just drive me." both of us laugh. "Bye mom!" I shout from the car.

While driving, she was playing loud music, the breeze fighting her long blond hair and drinking Pepsi.

I eat her ice cream, and look through the window. I'm going to miss mom and 'dad' even though he left us. I still remember him, always drinking beer and always have his hand inside the fridge searching for food.

He would always come in dirty after working in the garage on his old car, he should have just thrown away. My mom usual curse him about walking inside the house with his dirty foot on the carpet. I miss him, but my mom and I, wasn't enough for him. Instead he wanted young girl Suzy.

"Ashley, snap out of it!" April rub her hands in my face. I look around and realize I was couple feet from a huge ass house.

"Where have you been?" April shout, while I get my bag.

"I uhm." I was both embarrass and shock.

"Well this is a good bye for now okay? We'll meet up like usual."

I step out the car. "Okay A." I said, hugging and kissing her cheek.

"Will you b-"

"I'll be fine from here."

She laugh "sure?"

"Yes." I walk away, then she drive off. I look at the big door in front me and knock on it.

"Ouch!" I flash my hands at the pain of hitting the thick door hard, when the door fly open.

"What do you want?" A boy stand in front me, his hands covered in tattoo.

"Excuse me!"

He sigh," I said what do you want?"

"Wait did I get the wrong house, I w-"

"I didn't ask!" he said, running his hands through his black, with strip of blond and brown, short but tall top hair.

"Rude much." I mumble. I wish I didn't tell April to leave.

"Kian! Kian! Treat our new roommate like someone please." a boy walk out. He had the same hair style, but his top is a bit browner.

"New roommate? No one told me that."

"No one has to, at least be more respectful to someone."

I watch the two as they argue back and forth for a while, before noticing that I was there still.

"Come inside please." he said.

"I'm sorry about him, I'm Ricky and the oldest here that was Kian. Sorry about his attitude problem. Let me show you around!" He said.

I follow him into a living room, bigger than my house. I saw a boy laying on the couch with his hands over his face and another texting.

"Jc and Trevor!" Ricky said.

"Can't you shut u-" the one with the phone look up. Damn, he got hair goals. "This is Jc," Ricky introduce me to the boy with amazing hair. He was always covered in a bit of tattoo.

"Hi." he scan my body before shaking my hand. "Hi!" i said.

"And this," Ricky remove his hands from covering his face. "Trevor! Our new roommate is here!" he shout in the Boys ear.

He got up "damn don't shout," he said turning to me. It don't seem as if he care, but he still turn to me.

"I'm Trevor and you are?" he ask. He look so young and the attitude in his voice.

"Oh I'm Ashley." I said.

"Ashley, mmh." he said walking upstairs.

"Come on, I'll introduce the others."

I follow him upstairs to a room with the door, please don't disturb, written in makeup.

"Sam!" he said shouting.

"What? " Someone answer.

"The new roommate is here."

"Hold on," A boy with blush on his cheek open the door and smile "hi I'm uhm Sam."

"I'm Ashley, nice to me you." I said. Sam and Ricky are the only one that seem happy that I am here.

We walk away. "Connor isn't here, he's the sixth person. But I'll show you your room" he said, carrying to me the last room upstairs to the right.

While walking down, I saw Kian going into a room. "Really" he said.

"What?" Ricky look around.

"Beside my room." he roll his eyes and walk into a room slamming the door.

I walk into the next room. "Here" he said. "This is your room" Ricky said. "I'll leave you alone to pack out and walk around a few."

"Oh okay thank you" I smile, shutting the door. I sit on the colour less room's bed and look around. It had desk and a little fridge like thing in there. It has a balcony and I went to look.

I take my time to peep over the edge.

"You won't fall you idiot." I heard a voice. I look over at Kian on that side of balcony, sitting on the wall.

"Are you crazy? Get down"

"I won't fall" he said.

"Anything can happen" I shout

"Really," he smirk. "Wow!" he did a fake fall.

"You-" I sigh and he laugh.

"Weirdo," he said, i walk inside my room, closing the door. Hearing him laugh his Dumbass off out there still. I wish he would just fall off for the way he treated me earlier.

I pack out the clothes in the well-kept drawers and was about to
Change, when I heard a knocking on my door.

Page 2